Diane Feinstein and Gay Rights D
Admittedly, I know very little about the late Sen. Feinstein and gay rights, so a good deal of this article is new to me.
For one thing, she thought Gavin Newsom pushed gay marriage too soon in 2004...that people weren't ready for it and they fought back. Which they did. But then again, when was the right time? If Newsom hadn't pushed for it in 2004 where would we be right now?
The article is a bit skewed because she mentions a good deal how George Bush stalled on gay marriage but not now Bill Clinton held us back 20 years. All of which had nothing to do with Sen Feinstein. So why mention it?
I didn't know this. Feinstein had centrist beliefs that put her at odds with gay rights. For example, she vetoed domestic partnerships in 1982.
You can go on to read more, here. For me, it's just another article that makes excuses for someone who should have been fighting for us all along, like Gavin Newsom has always fought. But it's well-written and I do believe it comes from the heart.
And, in all fairness Feinstein was not unlike others of her time. How long did it take Hillary Clinton to evolve?
“A wonderful story that I loved. The characters were well developed and strong. Gus: A sweet young man. Doing something for all the wrong reasons. Craig: his boyfriend, he’ll go along with anything Gus say. Henry: Gus father a no-nonsense man, who’s husband died last year. I enjoyed this story.”
![Uncertainty by [Field, Ryan]](https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51zNy11g1lL.jpg)
What readers said about “Altered Parts”
“Best Gay Novel In Years. This story will stay with you and you will feel you know every character and the beauty of their home in the mountains of North Carolina.”
In paperback or e-book. #gayromance #Wednesday
![Altered Parts by [Field, Ryan]](https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41kq7EeIZUL._SY346_.jpg)
![Uncertainty by [Field, Ryan]](https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51zNy11g1lL.jpg)
What readers said about “Altered Parts”
“Best Gay Novel In Years. This story will stay with you and you will feel you know every character and the beauty of their home in the mountains of North Carolina.”
In paperback or e-book. #gayromance #Wednesday
![Altered Parts by [Field, Ryan]](https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41kq7EeIZUL._SY346_.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment