Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Nice Surprise This Morning...



When I went online this morning I had three things on my mind: an interview I've been promising I'll do, getting up a new blog post about an interesting aspect in gay relationships/marriages, and getting out an invoice to my publisher for a book that was submitted last week. I like to get these things out of the way fast so I can start writing. Right now I'm working on a short story that I want to submit before the end of the week for Lori Perkins's new football anthology.

But while I was checking my e-mails I found the photo above. All things stopped and I went directly to facebook to say thank you. The photo was posted on my wall by my blogging buddy, Ryan. Here's Ryan's blog, a guy in love. His posts have always resonated with me because I can identify with a lot of the things he's experienced. I'm linked to him in two places here on the blog. I'm also linked to him way down deeper inside. I've watched him grow from a kid, blogging about what it's like to be a gay teenager, into a strong, smart man who just seems to get better and better.

I'm bad with time, but it has to be at least seven years since I first stumbled across Ryan's blog. I've seen him go through ups and downs...mostly ups. He's made me laugh more than anyone I know just by being there when I was going through downs. And we've established a trusting friendship through e-mails that I cherish. The only thing left to do is meet in person and give him a hug. He lives in Florida; I live in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia. That's not easy to do. But I hope one day I get a chance to do this in person.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

i was trying to find a way to say thanks for all you have done for me and for being there when i needed advice. im just glad you enjoyed it and your fans did also!

hugs

ryan field said...

I'm really so happy to see that you're doing okay after the surgery. I know people say it's routine, but I hate to see you go through it. And this was so nice and unexpected today!! XXXOOO