Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fred Karger: Openly Gay Presidential Candidate Still Running


As I write post this, Fred Karger, an openly gay man, is still running for President of the United States.

According to this e-mail I received earlier today:

I have known Fred for 20 years and have watched him closely the last two years as he has crisscrossed this country dozens and dozens of times as a candidate for President. He is constantly fighting the good fight for so many of us.

Today Fred is celebrating his 62nd birthday in Detroit – 2,200 miles away from home. In fact, he has been campaigning all over Michigan this past week for the February 28th Michigan Primary. Fred is one of only 6 candidates still running who will be on the Michigan ballot.

I asked him this morning what he would like for his birthday, and he replied, “I could sure use a contribution to our campaign. We need to make our Michigan commercials and buy TV time here right away.”

I thought I would surprise Fred with a $62.00 contribution to “Fred Karger for President.” I hope that you will contribute too and celebrate all that he has done.

Let’s surprise Fred by raising $10,000 today! Please send in $62.00, or whatever you can afford to make this a very happy birthday for our friend.

Thank you for your support.


Here's the link if you are so inclined to contribute. This is Fred Karger's web site and you can also read more about him there.

No comments: