Sunday, November 27, 2011

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson


This might be the shortest book review in history. But that's because I want to make it simple for readers to decide whether or not they want to read Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. And, Steve Jobs was the epitome of minimalism.

I enjoyed it. I gave it five stars on goodreads. But I also like/love all the techinical, business oriented information that was so detailed in the book.

In other words, if you're looking for a book that talks about Steve Jobs's personal life and his relationship with family and friends, this might not be the book for you.

But if you're interested in reading about a man who made history and changed the world, you will, indeed, enjoy this book. I couldn't stop reading it...especially the parts about how he changed publishing. In fact, I had a little too much fun reading those parts.

2 comments:

Gerry Burnie said...

You could be right, Ryan. I avoided it because of all the hoopla. However, I'm sure it will do well (or has) without my input.

ryan field said...

You won't get a lot of personal information about him...it skims over it at best. But it did get into his quirks and his passion for change. And it moves very fast for such a long book. I also learned a few things I didn't knows, like the fact that the iPad was developed before the iPhone. But they stopped work on the iPad to get the phone out first.