Monday, November 21, 2011

Alleged Sandusky Victim Quit School Because of Bullies

This, indeed, is outrageous. One of the abuse victims of the alleged Jerry Sandusky scandal had to leave school due to bullying inflicted upon him by classmates who were outraged that good old "JoePa" was forced out. Allegedly, the bullies were blaming Joe Paterno's firing on the victim.

I've written about bullying before. This isn't LGBT bullying. But it's a good example of how bullies can be found anywhere.

I'll admit I don't live nearby the Penn State Campus and I've never been affiliated with anything west of Philadelphia. I live in Bucks County, PA, and PA is a large state. In this area we have more of a New York/New Jersey influence. But I can tell you this much. No one where I live in this part of PA is supporting anyone connected with the alleged child abuse. And I find it hard to believe that anyone, anywhere, would care more about an old man's football career than they care about victms of child abuse.

There's something seriously wrong if even a small group of people out there in State College feel this way.

No comments: