Monday, February 17, 2014

Penis Sculpture Hits Hard; Edie Windsor & Prez Obama; Gays Die Earlier?

Penis Sculpture Hits Hard



When I posted about three young women at Rowen University sculpting a generous penis in snow, yesterday, I had no idea there was once a shitstorm brewing in a small town in California in 2010 over another penis sculpture.

Naturally, the townsfolk were dismayed when show members arrived in fur and began frolicking in the “white fluid” that began spewing out of the sculpture. Although I appreciate a good cock now and then, this probably wasn’t the best way to go about this stunt… but at least I have an idea of what to do for my next Christmas party.

You can read more here.

2010 must have been a big year for penis sculptures that hit hard. Here's yet another penis sculpture link in yet another small town that states penis sculptures are illegal. As far as I know the one in this small town was taken down fast, and no one frolicked around in white fluid. But only after police found it amusing enough to laugh.

One woman interviewed claims the penis sculpture would harm her two year old son. He's probably six now. I hope he's not in therapy.

The dangerous photo of the penis sculpture above can be found here, at wiki commons.

Edie Windsor & Prez Obama

Ever since the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage last summer with Edie Windsor, she has become an LGBTI icon for many, and rightly so. I have two women friends who have been together for almost thirty years who recently went on a women's cruise where Windsor was also a passenger. My friends have sent me photos of them standing with Windsor on the boat and I'm waiting for permission to post them here on the blog. It's a privacy/copyright thing, and I wouldn't post pics of anyone without permission.

In any event, Edie Windsor met with President Obama recently and went to a White House dinner for the President of France.

 This week, Windsor and Obama met face-to-face for the first time and the president invited the 83-year-old LGBTI icon into the Oval Office for a private chat.

Winsdor was one of 350 guests at the State Dinner held for President François Hollande of France. But she seems to be the only one The White House released an Oval Office photo of.

You can read more here. 

If I get permission, I'll post my Edie Windsor photos here soon.

Gays Die Earlier?

There's a study out that claims gays die earlier in countries that are anti-gay. And not by just a few years. This study claims it's like 12 years.

Dr. Mark Hatzenbuehler, one of the lead authors of the study, said: ‘Our findings indicate that sexual minorities living in communities with higher levels of prejudice die sooner than sexual minorities living in low-prejudice communities.’

Findings showed that, by the end of the study, 92% of gay people living in accepting communities were still alive compared to just 78% of gay people who lived in anti-gay places.

Excuse me for sounding cynical, but if these countries are so anti-gay how can they be sure they studied the right gay people? In other words, in countries that are anti-gay I would imagine common sense would dictate most gay people are in the closet and they aren't disclosing much information to anyone, least of all research studies that mean absolutely nothing to them. But don't quote me. I don't know how the study was done or who was studied for that matter. I just don't like generalizations like this because there's always another one that will dispute this one very soon.

You can read more here.









No comments: