Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Very Happy Ending...of Sorts


Last December I posted about good friends of mine in publishing who had an eleven year old Scottish Terrier named Ginger and she wasn't doing well. After tons of treatments, and more set-backs than anyone ever imagined, she finally passed away and my friends were devastated. Needless to say, it was a long, long winter.

But I just came back from their Carversville home, where I met the newest addition to their family. He's a four month old, extremely frisky, Welsh Terrier named Whiskey. And they couldn't be more thrilled. Of course nothing can ever replace Ginger, but life does continue to move forward, and we all have to move right along with it, creating our own happy endings wherever we can get them.

5 comments:

Dana Fredsti said...

For every animal that leaves us, a space is left for another one that needs our love and a safe home... So hugs to Whiskey and fond memories of Ginger for your friends...

AJ Llewellyn said...

Hi Ryan, Nothing replaces a beloeved pet, but as a friend of mine one says, a new one helps you grow another heart. I wish for a long and love-filled life for Whiskey and his new family.

Angel Martinez said...

What a cutie! You're right, Ryan. Much as we plead with our children notto grow up and our companions not to grow old, we can't stop time. Forward is the only way to go.

Jay Ross said...

Ryan - I experieced a similiar fate five years ago when I lost my Boykin Spaniel Copper after 14 years. A few months later friens gave me a 1 1/2 year old Jack Russell named Jasmine and she's wonderful. I miss copper everyday, but Jasie has stolen my heart.

ryan field said...

Thanks Guys. My friends are thrilled, too. And it was a nice accident Whiskey came right around Father's Day. The loss was hard on them. And I understand. I lost my cat of 18 years three years ago and still miss her. I have two dogs, but she was one of a kind.