Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Call For Submission...Build Some Publishing Credits

For those authors looking to get into fiction, submitting a short story for an anthology is a great place to start. I started writing short stories for lgbt publishers almost twenty years ago and it's always been a good experience for me.

There's an interesting call for submission here. If I had the time, I'd be submitting something myself.

It's also a way to build publishing credits that may lead to a full length novel. I know so many authors who want to be the next Amanda Hocking...but Amanda Hocking put in her time, too. And the query system with agents works okay at best these days. So don't pass up a good opportunity to write and take charge of your own career. And if this isn't your genre, look for another that suits your talents and needs better.

No comments: