Saturday, June 18, 2011

Another Nice Review for STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM AT THE PLAZA


I was pleasantly surprised tonight when I opened an e-mail from coffee time romance regarding another review for STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM AT THE PLAZA.

This was one of those short stories I didn't expect to get much attention. There's no sex in it, it focuses more on love and romance than anything I've ever written before, and the characters are simple, ordinary people who fall in love for the first time. I like to know that I can write anything in any genre, with or without sex, gay or straight. And though this book didn't sell nearly as many copies as my other books, It's been an extremely rewarding experience for me. And one day, if I ever decide to write anything mainstream under a pen name, I'm going to use this book as my muse.

It seems to be hitting a spot with some reviewers, and I'm extremely thankful to them for these reviews. Especially thankful to Lototy at Coffee Time Romance. And the interesting thing is there was another m/m romance released with a similar name around the same time I released this story. It's interesting because my story was originally published in an anthology many years ago by, I think, Alyson Books under a different title.

Here's the link to the review, and here's the review below.
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM AT THE PLAZA
RYAN FIELD
ISBN: 978-1-60054-486-6
May 2010
loveyoudivine Alterotica
www.loveyoudivine.com
E-Book
$2.00
20 Pages
M/M Romance
Rating: 4 Cups

The life of a freelance writer can get pretty lonely, and Kellan is realizing just how much he has let the world pass him by.

He just writes about life on his blog, and Jason Patriot settles for nothing less than total honesty.

Making the decision to get back into the dating game is not as easy as it would seem, but Kellan knows the only way to have a real relationship is to get out there. He comes across Jason’s blog during research for his latest article, and feels like this is someone he would really like to meet. Their impromptu date segues into hours of talking, sharing, and totally enjoying each other’s company, but Kellan fears if things go too fast too soon, they could damage what looks to be a wonderful beginning.

Much like the blog Jason writes, this story is creative, honest, and entirely realistic. This just feels exactly what it is like to meet someone new, have that tingle of attraction, and hope those feelings are reciprocated. There is nothing complicated or convoluted about Jason and Kellan, and it only makes you want to know more. I love the simplicity and straightforward approach this story takes, and am as always overjoyed to read anything by Mr. Field.

Lototy
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

4 comments:

Coffee Time Romance and More said...

Congratulations! Love the name of your book!

ryan field said...

Thanks!!

Danielle said...

Lototy did an amazing job on writing this review. It really makes a person want to go out and buy your book. It sounds wonderful Ryan!

ryan field said...

It was a nice surprise, too. I didn't expect it.