Monday, July 2, 2012

Catherine Ryan Hyde on Writing in the E-Age...

I've posted about author Catherine Ryan Hyde's adventures in self-publishing before. Reading her posts helped me while I was just getting into self-publishing with my first book, "Chase of a Lifetime," with the KDP program at Amazon.

And now she has a new book out with author Anne R. Allen, titled "How to be a Writer in the E-Age and Keep Your Sanity."

It IS a book about how to BE a writer. How to take care of yourself and avoid getting scammed; how to make sense of criticism; how to build platform without giving up too much of your writing time--and a whole lot more about how to navigate the treacherous waters of today's fast-changing publishing business.
You can read more here at Allen's blog, where there are links for the book on Amazon. I'm thinking of buying this one myself.

3 comments:

Catherine Ryan Hyde said...

Thanks, Ryan. Really happy that something I said helped. This is such a tough business. I feel it's important for writers to be there for each other.

Anne R. Allen said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out, Ryan. I hope you do get a copy. There's lots to help writers no matter where you are on your publishing path. Catherine and I have both had our ups and downs, but we've managed to keep writing. That's what we want to do with this book: help a writer stay safe and keep writing no matter what.

ryan field said...

@Catherine...It was very helpful. After years of depending on publishers for support, it's scary going it alone.

@Anne...What you said about ups and downs is what really makes me want to read it.