Monday, February 7, 2011

Quora: Could This Be the New Facebook?

I found a great new social network today called Quora, which you can check out here.

And frankly I'm surprised I haven't seen more buzz about this site on facebook and twitter. I've been on it for a couple of hours this evening, when I should be working on back cover copy for a new book, and I can't stop checking out the questions and answers.

From what I can tell, and humor me now because I'm still new at Quora, it's a social network where people post questions about everything and anything and other people answer them. I've already checked out important information on topics like Nutella, vodka, and chocolate chip cookies. And I can't wait to read more about cupcakes tomorrow.

But it's not all fun and games. There are some serious questions and some serious answers. The only downside I've found so far is it takes a while to bring the page up. And, unfortunately, whether or not the answers to any of the questions are correct is up for grabs. I know, just what we need, more inaccurate info on the web. But it is fun and I'm going to stick with it for a while.

No comments: