Sunday, July 9, 2017

Teen Vogue's Anal Sex Fail and Messy Bottoms; Disability Pride Parades; Gay Movie "Making Love" Is 35 Years Old

Teen Vogue's Anal Sex Fail

There was an episode of HBO's Looking not too long ago that got into the topic of anal sex, and how to prepare for anal sex. At the time I thought they went a little overboard, but looking back now, and comparing that show to an article I recently read in Teen Vogue about anal sex, I'm starting to rethink that.

First, I've tackled this topic in novels, however, I've never gone into great detail about it. It's not my job as a fiction writer to give step by step instructions about how to perform anal sex...or how to prepare for it.

Second, all of my work...even the PG rated books...are geared toward adults, not teens. And especially not anyone under the age of 18.

Third, I'm really not sure how I feel about teens getting this kind of information about anal sex from a magazine that's geared toward teens. And I think that's because this particular article I'm linking to right now left out one fundamental aspect about anal sex. If you're going to do it, do it right.

With all that said, I'm not sure I'm against letting teens know about anal sex...especially gay teens. What people fail to understand, and remember, is that up until recently no one....NO ONE...had a facts of life talk with a gay teenage guy. I learned it all the hard way. And it wasn't always easy, especially when you find yourself in a situation when you're in your 20s with an older guy who knows it all and just assumes you know it all, too. It's terrifying and I wish someone had told me a few things. So the only way most gay teens learn about sex is through reading whatever they can find...or by trial and error.

The only problem is that the information they read should always be accurate, and this article leaves out one huge factor.

They say this...

That being said, yes, you will come in contact with some minor fecal matter. You are entering a butt hole. It is where poop comes out. Expecting to do anal play and see zero poop isn’t particularly realistic. It’s NOT a big deal. Everyone poops. Everyone has a butt.

Nope. That's not how it works, because they never mention how important this is...

Rectal douching (also known as anal douching) is the act of rinsing the rectum with intent to clean it, typically in preparation for anal sex. An instance of this rinsing or a tool used to perform the rinse may be called a rectal douche.

And this is important...just trust me. It was important to that scene in the TV show Looking, and if you're going to have anal sex it's important to you, too. That's why I went to wiki for this link. I wanted to keep it plain and simple, and technical.

Here's the link to the questionable article in Teen Vogue. It's not the worst thing in the world ever written, however, it sounds glib to me. And they had to update it to include safe sex? Who does that?

Just remember you don't have to be a messy bottom. There are ways to avoid being a messy bottom and they are simple. Take care of things ahead of time and your top partner will thank you.

Disability Pride Parades

We focus so much on LGBTQ+ Pride that you never see many people mentioning this. And I think it's important.

New York celebrated its first-ever disability pride parade Sunday.

“We will roll and ride and walk together for a more just New York City,” Mayor de Blasio said before leading a crowd of a few thousand down Broadway from Madison Square Park to Union Square.

Here's the rest. This isn't something new. The first Disability Pride was held back in 1990...I think it was in Boston.

Gay Movie "Making Love" Is 35 Years Old

If you never saw the old movie Making Love, you should check it out. From what I gather, there weren't many gay films made back then, and this one is excellent. Even though it never had the praise or media attention that Brokeback Mountain had, I think it's a lot better. 100 times better. And, I think that's because Barry Sandler is an openly gay man.

This year, Barry celebrates a personal milestone, Making Love’s 35th anniversary, with special screenings around the country. With the torrent of LGBTQ content and LGBTQ-friendly content now easily available everywhere from networks to local cinemas to streaming services, it’s hard to imagine a time in which we were all but excluded from the entertainment industry.

Here's the rest. It's an interview with Barry Sandler.


Kendle's Fire

A PG Rated Gay Romance 





 Not All Gay Books Have Sex


In Their Prime by Ryan Field

Amazon










No comments: