Sunday, June 25, 2017

Pulse Nightclub Remembered In NYC Pride; Turkey LGBTQ Pride Rally Halted; Married Gay Asexual

Pulse Nightclub Remembered In NYC Pride

When I saw a photo of NYC Pride last year with people wearing white and holding up signs that had information about the 49 lives lost in the Pulse nightclub massacre, it hit me harder than I thought it would. The magnitude of that massacre still guts me a year later, as I'm sure it does for all other LGBTQ people.

This dates back to 2016, and I think it's worth revisiting.

 The 46th annual New York City Pride Parade was another out and proud celebration of gay rights and culture — but this time, signs of the worst mass shooting in U.S. history loomed everywhere.

The owner and manager of Orlando’s Pulse nightclub, where 49 people were massacred two weeks ago by a terrorist, rode the lead float as armed NYPD officers provided heightened security and paradegoers and spectators waved “We Are Orlando” signs.

In any event, it's a link to a piece that's a year old about the people who remembered Pulse in NYC Pride. I also saw a tweet this weekend and I believe they did it again this year, too. I wish I could share the photo but here's a link to the tweet I saw.

Turkey LGBTQ Pride Rally Halted

I think it's important to know about the things happening to all LGBTQ people on a global level. In some parts of the world LGBTQ people can't even have a Pride rally without getting into all kinds of trouble.

Police in the Turkish city of Istanbul have thwarted attempts by organisers to hold a banned Gay Pride march.

The organisers of the annual event had vowed to press ahead despite the ban by the authorities, who had cited threats from far-right groups.

But police briefly fired rubber bullets to disperse the marchers and detained a number of them.

If you are not familiar with what some LGBTQ people in other parts of the world are dealing with, this article should enlighten you. 

Married Gay Asexual

I find this fascinating. As I've said before in other related posts I don't know enough about asexuality to comment. But I do know enough to fully support anyone who is asexual.

According to the Asexual Visibility and Education Network, an asexual is “someone who does not experience sexual attraction.”

So is it possible to be asexual and gay?

According to Mateo Sancho Cardiel, the answer is yes. And he’s living proof. 

There's more here. The comments are pretty rough on this one, and I don't totally understand that. Why do people have to comment so negatively on things they clearly don't understand?

Kendle's Fire

A PG Rated Gay Romance 





 Not All Gay Books Have Sex


In Their Prime by Ryan Field

Amazon

















No comments: