Monday, May 22, 2017

The Celebrities Forever In the Closet; GoFundMe and Homophobic Sports Star Rant; Cher At the Billboard Awards

The Celebrities Forever In the Closet

I've always believed that no one should ever force anyone into coming out. Although I think it's painfully sad that anyone would remain in the closet nowadays, I also understand that for some it's just not that simple.

With that said, here's something from reddit about a pop culture star who has been told not to come out as gay for practical purposes. It's the same thing Hollywood has been telling people for years.

It’s totally changed my perspective. I used to wonder where all the gay celebrities were, and why everyone was “no label” these days. Now I know they are hiding in plain sight.

Of course a lot of them are actually in that grey area. And I will take their word for it. It’s a real orientation, and doesn’t mean you’re closeted or confused. But it’s sad how many gay people are forced to do it too. It will never be cool to be gay, because you lose your appeal to the majority of people. And show biz depends on appealing to people. No matter how accepting society becomes, the media will be full of closeted people.

I think the comment about "labels" is spot on. I've heard it more times than I care to count.

Here's how someone working in Hollywood replied.

I work in the tv/film industry (not as an actor), so I understand what you’re saying. The industry is full of out LGBT – behind the scenes. Everyone is super welcoming in LA, NYC, etc. But public figures have to appeal to middle America to have a career. It’s not how it should be, everyone should of course be able to be who they are without judgement. But we know that’s not how the world works. That’s one of the reasons I’m in this industry – I want to make changes from the inside. Good luck! 

Now that's pretty sad, especially when you think about the blatant hypocrisy in Hollywood where they will praise and exploit the token gays, but tell the rest to remain closeted. I wonder how these people can live such lies on a daily basis.

You can read more here.

GoFundMe and Homophobic Sports Star Rant

A wealthy sports star went on a homophobic rant and his fans are raising money for him on a crowdfunding site to pay his fines. I find this interesting because Stephen Colbert can make all the homophobic comments he wants to make and nothing at all happens to him. His ratings go up. If you use this Stephen Colbert logic (and I don't), this sports star didn't say anything wrong.

Here's what the page says...

Ryan Getzlaf was unfairly given the maximum fine by the sinister NHL for accurately calling a ref a rooster vacuum. Now if everyone donates just $1 we can raise enough money to send a message to the NHL that no more will this kind of snowflake over reaction to words stand. If we are able to raise enough money it can go to the ducks captain to give to a local charity of his choice. Let’s make 10k go somewhere it’s going to do some good (instead of the players association fund). At any rate I ask all ducks fans and all Bettman haters to unite and undue this terrible injustice! Ducks fly together! 

You can check that out here.

Cher At the Billboard Awards

I caught the tweets about this one late Sunday night and I have to admit I'm amazed at Cher. She owns this one, and it's well deserved.

Of course, the crowd went wild. Not just for the performances, but for how incredible she looked. 

During her speech, Cher implied yoga was her trick to keeping her body so amazing, telling the audience:

“I can do a five-minute plank, okay? Just saying.”

The woman looks amazing for someone who proudly just turned 71 years old.

You can check out photos here. And please take note you natural people who love all this awful gray hair. You don't see Cher letting HER roots go gray.



Not All Gay Novels Have Sex

In Their Prime by Ryan Field

Amazon








No comments: