Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Signing Of Religious Freedom Order;Gay Couple Can Now Sue Kim Davis; Brad Pitt Likes Frank Ocean

Signing Of Religious Freedom Order 

I have straight friends on social media who post, tweet, and complain about all things political on social media all day long. And I think that's one of the differences between being gay and straight. I focus only on gay issues, because I don't come from that place of privilege that allows me the time or the energy to focus on multiple issues. So I've been following this story and trying to figure out exactly what it means for gays.

That draft called for religious freedom ‘when providing social services, education, or healthcare; earning a living, seeking a job, or employing others; receiving government grants or contracts; or otherwise participating in the marketplace, the public square, or interfacing with Federal, State or local governments.’

The draft created exemptions for people and organizations who claim religious or moral objections to same-sex marriage and trans identity as well as premarital sex and abortion.
One influential conservative who has seen the text of the latest draft said it has not been softened and that ‘the language is very, very strong.’

You can read more here.

And I found this link...

Lupu added that the language of the draft “might invite federal employees,” for example, at the Social Security Administration or Veterans Administration, “to refuse on religious grounds to process applications or respond to questions from those whose benefits depend on same sex marriages.” If other employees do not “fill the gap,” he said, it could “lead to a situation where marriage equality was being de facto undermined by federal employees, especially in religiously conservative communities,” contrary to Supreme Court rulings. 

It's a long, detailed explanation of what might happen if  President Trump does sign this Religious Freedom Order. And the biggest issue is that it challenges the fundamental concept of the separation of church and state. That's a big problem.

Gay Couple Can Now Sue Kim Davis

Just when you thought Kim Davis had disappeared forever, there's this...


Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis can now be sued for damages by the Kentucky couple who filmed her refusing to give them a marriage license because they are gay.

A federal judge had dismissed the lawsuit filed against Davis by David Ermold and David Moore but the ruling was overturned on Tuesday (2 May) by a federal appeals court.

‘We’re going to get damages, I’m sure of that,’ the couple’s attorney Michael J. Gartland tells the Lexington Herald Leader.

Here's the rest, with some back story. 

I didn't post about religious freedom and Kim Davis together by accident.

Brad Pitt Likes Frank Ocean

I've been posting about how much I love rapper Frank Ocean for ages now. And I'm glad to see Brad Pitt has discovered him, too.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Frank Ocean,’ Pitt tells GQ Style in a new cover story.
‘I find this young man so special. Talk about getting to the raw truth. He’s painfully honest. He’s very, very special. I can’t find a bad one.’

Here's the rest. If you don't know who Frank Ocean is, check the link I provided above. You'll enjoy it. I have more than a few posts about Ocean, some dating back to 2012. I think he might even be my gay icon...and I don't have many gay icons.

It's a shame Brad Pitt has to go through these rough times, but he sure is looking damn good. He is one good looking man in his 50s.

Not All Gay Novels Have Sex


In Their Prime by Ryan Field

Amazon









No comments: