Monday, May 1, 2017

Johnny Depp's Epic Sense Of Entitlement; How Matt Bomer Came Out To Family; SCOTUS and Ex-Gay Conversion Therapy

Johnny Depp's Epic Sense Of Entitlement

I think people are getting tired of Hollywood film stars who seem to think they can say, do, or get away with anything they want. I don't think anyone begrudges them for having opinions on certain topics, or working hard for their money, but when they become so outrageously absurd we lose sympathy for them. And we've all seen it happen more than once.

The legal battle between Depp and The Management Group began in January, when the actor sued his former business managers for fraud. TMG fired back, saying the actor's financial woes are all his own. 

"Depp listened to no one, including TMG and his other advisors, and he demanded they fund a lifestyle that was extravagant and extreme," writes attorney Michael Kump in the amended complaint. "Ultimately, Depp and/or his sister and personal manager, Elisa Christie Dembrowski knowingly approved all of Depp's expenditures."

Cited among the purchases are 14 residences, 45 luxury vehicles, 70 collectible guitars and enough Hollywood memorabilia to fill 12 storage facilities.

Notably, the managers also claim that Depp spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on a sound engineer who feed him lines on set.

The rest is here. Most people in the US don't even have money to send their kids to college. And one trip to the hospital, thanks to the way health insurance is set up, will set most people back for years.

How Matt Bomer Came Out To Family

Coming out is different for all gay men. There are no set rules and I love hearing each and every story. I never actually came out, and neither did my brother. We didn't "tell" anyone, we simply "showed" them. In other words, we never hid the fact that we were gay and everyone simply drew their own conclusions over time. It worked for us. My nephew, on the other hand, had a dramatic coming out with his parents. He had to do it that way because that's what worked for him. He needed to tell people, especially his family. Of course my mom already suspected and she wasn't shocked. "Grandmothers know," she said.  

So this interview where Bomer talks about how he came out to family is about as real as it gets. A lot of guys write letters.

I thought, If this person can live their truth, what am I doing? I was actually in the middle of doing sit-ups, because I needed some kind of physical release. And I was dating a girl in the company at the time. I wrote a letter to my parents. I would have lost my sense of direction if I tried to do it in person. There was radio silence for a long, long time, at least six months. And then I came home and it was then the blowup that I’d always feared. But we got that out of the way and we got down to the business of figuring out how to love each other. It was a struggle. It’s a struggle for anybody to take their paradigms and their set of beliefs and their set of understandings and completely flip the script. So I’m empathetic towards everyone, and my family is so loving.

You can check this out here.

SCOTUS and Ex-Gay Conversion Therapy

I haven't heard much about this on social media, but I think it's important enough to share here.

The U.S. Supreme Court rejected an appeal to a California law banning therapists from trying to change a minor’s sexual orientation through conversion therapy, allowing the law to stand.

And this is from the American Psychological Association...

The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American School Counselor Association, the National Association of School Psychologists and the National Association of Social Workers together, representing more than 480,000 mental health professionals, have all taken the position that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and thus is not something that needs to or can be “cured.”

There's more here, with comments at the end. 

Finally.

Not All Gay Novels Have Sex


In Their Prime by Ryan Field

Amazon











No comments: