Thursday, April 6, 2017

Twitter Refuses To Spill the Beans; Pope Welcomes Gay Married World Leader; More Episodes of Will and Grace

Twitter Refuses To Spill the Beans

Twitter is refusing to disclose the RL identity of one of its users who is against some of the Trump WH policies.

"The rights of free speech afforded Twitter’s users and Twitter itself under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution include a right to disseminate such anonymous or pseudonymous political speech," Twitter said in the lawsuit.

What surprises me is that the government can't find out the identity of this user alone. I don't even know if that's legal to do, but I have seen more than a few people in publishing circles "outed" online who were using pseudonyms. And if a nasty woman author can do this from her basement, why can't the government?

You can read the rest here.

Pope Welcomes Gay Married World Leader

Pope Francis surprises us yet again.


The Pope has welcomed the world’s only gay leader and his husband at the Vatican.

Catholic officials invited Luxembourg’s Prime Minister Xavier Bettel and his partner Gauthier Destenay to the Holy See.

There's more here. The comments are interesting, especially the one about using the word "partner" in this article. In the headline it says, "husband," but in the copy it says, "partner." I noticed that first thing, and I guess I'm not the only one. I'm not sure why we...all of us as gay...can't start using the word husband just like everyone else.

More Episodes of Will and Grace

I've seen this trending all week and I'm curious about it. I'm also curious about how they're going to handle the gay content on this updated version of Will and Grace. I didn't love this show when it first aired because I couldn't relate to any of the characters, and I know I'm not the only one. I always thought this was a gay TV show geared toward straight viewers, with gay content that straight viewers could handle. In the same respect, I didn't hate the show because I think it helped a lot of gay men at the time who had no gay content whatsoever. It had its good points.

There will be more episodes of the Will & Grace revival than originally planned.

NBC has increased the number to 12 – up two from the original 10, according to Deadline Hollywood.

The gay-themed comedy originally aired on NBC from 1998 through 2006.
The new ninth season reunites original Emmy award winning stars Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes.

Here's the rest. Since Will and Grace originally aired, there have been a number of TV shows that have handled all gay content well. Shameless was one of them. I actually think Grace and Frankie do a great job. So I'm just hoping that Will and Grace will pay attention and it won't be the same thing it was when it originally aired. However, it's network TV and I don't have high hopes. 




https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gGTlGraMmkk/WJE7Bsw2K2I/AAAAAAAANQU/VLHveBY43sATENwzn6_MbqF6EO4LbsntgCLcB/s1600/uncertaintyPrintCover.jpg




https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xZn6abs26DI/WJE7jSwRnMI/AAAAAAAANQY/m54zcMivpNgJwXdD3V5RVPVLIVtTdY6mACLcB/s1600/unabatedprint.jpg


New Release

Imperfect



https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ExsaF7ss5eA/WG2TZuK3B6I/AAAAAAAANPU/Uh2QhIRQ6BQe1grd5AMx46AS4xGNdr7lwCLcB/s1600/imperfectbig.jpg



No comments: