Saturday, April 22, 2017

Leave Richard Simmons Alone; Coming Out At 53; Two College Swimmers Coming Out

Leave Richard Simmons Alone

This is so many kinds of wrong. Richard Simmons returned from a short stay in a hospital and the press surrounded him until he was forced to walk into his own home with his head covered.

That's wrong. Give the man some privacy. He just got out of the hospital.

With photographers waiting outside his home Thursday, Simmons returned, but kept a blanket over his head to shield himself from the cameras. In addition, police officers were present to keep the crowd at bay.

I just wish he'd flipped them the bird.

You can read the rest here.

Coming Out At 53

You know how I'm always talking about how we have no idea how many gay men are out there? Well here's more proof. Those of you who think you know it all about gay men, this is another example of how diverse gay men can be. And this story isn't even that unusual. Right now, as I post this, there are many more gay men who still haven't come out of the closet and you don't even know they are gay.

“He came out after being married and also having two children, although a lot younger than me, he’s 36. He was the first person I came out to. We haven’t had an affair or any such [thing], but he knows how I feel about him.

“After a while of chatting to him about how I felt and the fact that now I must talk to my wife and be truly open as to how I feel, I finally did it, talked to me wife, children and close family and friends.” 

You can read the rest here. It's a great story and it talks about reactions. Trust me on this, only another gay man will ever know what this is like. You can't even begin to imagine.

Two College Swimmers Coming Out

Here's another coming out story. It's about how two college swimmers helped each other come out.

Axel Reed and Josh Velasquez have a lot in common. They’re both 21. They both grew up in conservative households in Southern California. They both swim on their college swim teams. Oh, and they’re both gay. 

You can check that out here.

In Their Prime by Ryan Field

Amazon




No comments: