Friday, March 3, 2017

What If There Were No More Gay Tops and Bottoms? 95 A Year Old Comes Out As Gay

What If There Were No More Gay Tops and Bottoms?

When I write fiction I like to think about the world with a "what if" thought process. In other words, I could write about characters in a world where being a top and bottom meant nothing at all to gay men. I could create two gay male characters who fall in love, and they're both bottoms. It's fiction. I could make it work, but I'm not sure anyone would believe it. However that's not even something I would do with fiction, because it's just NOT believable. Actually, I find it absurd to even think this way because it's a passive aggressive insult to gay culture as I've always known it.

With that said, here's an article that explores the possibility of a world where there are no tops or bottoms.

Baker goes on to say that when it comes to dating and sexual role preference, which partner is penetrated or and which does the penetrating “surely just depends” on the situation and the people involved.

If he believes this is possible, I wish him well.

You can read more of this nonsense here. 

The comments seem to agree with me.

95 Year Old Comes Out As Gay

I'm watching the Netflix show right now titled, Sense8. There's a storyline in the show where a gay film star can't come to terms with coming out of the closet. And it shows his pain well. It shows the lengths he will go to so no one ever finds out he's gay.

This film star it just like millions of other men, and sometimes it really does take this long to come out.

On the other hand, Roman’s story is also deeply emotional and, at times, quite difficult. At some level, it’s the story of lost opportunities. You can’t help but wonder, had the circumstances been different, how Roman’s story could have ended differently. And you also feel for Roman’s wife. While they undoubtedly loved each other in a deep way, both Roman and his wife deserve passion and sexual intimacy. Did they have that despite Roman being gay? I don’t know.

You can read it in full here. Unfortunately, I see it all the time, even in publishing. But I don't think anything is harder on a gay man than having a large public profile and living a complete lie, I can't even imagine what kind of vapid life that is. I can imagine it on a smaller scale, and I never judge that. We can all blend in if we live quiet modest lives. It's not easy, but it's doable. But to be in the public eye daily, and lie with that kind of magnitude, just passes me by completely.










New Release

Imperfect






No comments: