Friday, March 24, 2017

Stop the Yulin Dog Meat Festival; Those Hot Naked Orlando Bloom Pics; Gay Men and Misogyny

Stop the Yulin Dog Meat Festival

I know this sounds like fake news, but it's real.

Every year in Yulin, China they celebrate a dog meat festival...where they eat dog meat.

This is from Wiki...

The Lychee and Dog Meat Festival, commonly referred to as Yulin Dog Meat Festival, is an annual celebration held in Yulin, Guangxi, China, during the summer solstice in which festival goers eat dog meat and lychees. The festival spans about ten days during which it is estimated that 10,000–15,000 dogs are consumed. The festival has been criticised by animal welfare and animal rights supporters.

If this makes you as livid as it does me, you can go to this web site to sign a petition that's trying to stop this hideous, backward, ridiculous practice.

The rest of the dogs are captured strays from the streets and some raised in dog farms. After these animals are stolen, bought, or captured they are then transported for days without any food or water, crammed in tiny cages together so tightly that they are unable to even move. At the yulin festival, throughout those days, these animals will be hung, burned, skinned, boiled, torched, dismembered, electrocuted and beaten...ALIVE..out in the streets for public view.

You can read the rest here. There seem to be a lot of people working hard to stop this from happening. Signing the petition might help if enough people do it.

Those Hot Naked Orlando Bloom Pics

Last summer naked full frontal photos of Orlando Bloom went public. And Boy George is talking about them now. I don't know why. But that's what he's doing. I know I posted about them somewhere on this blog, but I have forgotten about them and I'm too lazy to link right now.

As we dive into spring, which is really just the preamble to summer, let us not forget the summer of ’16. Yes, the nastiest political election in recorded American history was sucking energy out of thin air with an alarming rate, but another thing happened that summer. 

Here's the rest.

Gay Men and Misogyny 

I've often wondered about this myself. I've seen gay men who don't even want to be near women. I don't get it, I was never like that, and I never became too friendly with any gay men who are like this. I just don't get it, but I do think it's true in some cases.

In an op-ed titled Sorry, Gay Guys, I’m Not Here For Your Casual Misogyny published by NewNowNext last week, writer Nico Lang says misogyny among gay men is still alive and well.

“We all know someone who loudly proclaims how grossed out he is by vaginas,” Lang writes. “Then there are the guys who think its fine to drunkenly toggle a woman’s breasts in a bar because he’s not attracted to her.”

The article goes into a lot more depth and it's worth reading in full. I'd like to make a huge point of stating that not all gay men are like this.

Here's the rest.








New Release

Imperfect









No comments: