Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Will and Grace Rumors Are False; Gay Relationships and Age Gaps; Sister Wives' Daughter A Lesbian

Will and Grace Rumors Are False

I've seen this kind of thing before. An actor who isn't a huge star will start rumors about something...a new project or a new job...in hopes that it will take off, or hoping to get publicity, and it's nothing but a rumor.

However, the rumor that was allegedly started by Leslie Jordan about Will and Grace returning to TV isn't completely true yet. And Debra Messing, the star of the show, confirmed that in a tweet.

Sadly Leslie was wrong. Nothing beyond talks.

There's more about this here. Evidently, they're still talking about itBut I'm really curious about how this would work in a more general sense. Will and Grace was a 90s show and it was done at very different times. Many people nowadays don't even watch network TV anymore, and many are unplugged from cable. Especially younger people. And then there's the fact that so much has changed in 20 years. Think about that. Milo Yiannopoulos who is a conservative gay pundit just got a huge book deal.

In the beginning Tony and I watched Will and Grace for a short time, mainly because there was nothing else gay on TV and it was a novelty. It was okay. But as the show continued we started watching less and less. As gay men, we couldn't identify with the characters, at all. Vicious was a great show, and we loved how it was handled. We loved Looking. We even love Grace and Frankie. But Will and Grace just didn't cut it for us.

Gay Relationships and Age Gaps

I love these meme things. I haven't seen one in a while either. This one talks about age gaps between gay men in relationships, and how they are handled.

Here's one...

I'm gay and my boyfriend is older than me. People think he's my dad in public and I don't correct them because I don't want to deal with the judgment. 

In short, it's a positive piece about how age doesn't matter in gay relationships, and that it's not uncommon. In fact, it's nothing new either. I have known so many gay couples over the years with age gaps in excellent relationships I can't even count them.

You can check them all out here.

Sisters Wives' Daughter A Lesbian

I don't follow reality TV shows like this, so I'm only linking to this one. The reason I'm posting about it is because I think we're only going to continue hearing more stories like this in the coming year.

TLC’s “Sister Wives” started the year off with a much hyped reveal, as Kody and Meri Brown’s 21-year-old daughter, Mariah, came out to the family as a lesbian.

“Okay,” she said, taking a deep breath, clearly nervous. “I’m gay.”


Her family, who follow Mormon fundamentalism, which is not supportive of the LGBTQ community generally, appeared shocked by the news.

There's more here, with tweets and pics.


Uncertainty

A Gay New Adult Erotic Romance 

In Digital or Paperback 




  "The characters are wonderful and each bring a beautiful light to the story."  

-Unsolicited Amazon Customer Review

No comments: