Wednesday, October 12, 2016

"Drunk History" Stonewall Re-enactment Better Than Roland Emmerich Film; Secrets About "Starsky and Hutch"; Why Good Men Are So Hard To Find

"Drunk History" Stonewall Re-enactment Better Than Roland Emmerich Film

If you recall, the film about Stonewall by Roland Emmerich received a lot of bad press because many in the LGBTQ community didn't think it was done correctly. They claim that Hollywood, once again, white-washed LGBTQ history. I posted about it a few times, here. The reviews weren't that great either.

With that said, here's a link to something a little different.

This is more like it. Crissle West — writer, comedian, and co-host of The Read podcast — popped by Comedy Central’s Drunk History this week to dutifully drain a few glasses of hooch and retell the story of the Stonewall Riots, and Marsha. P. Johnson’s instigating place in it.

You can check this out here. There's a video.

Secrets About "Starsky and Hutch"

I know nothing about this one, but Starsky and Hutch was a TV show in the 70s that seemed to focus on the relationship between two very attractive cops. The only reason I'm posting about it is because the photo I saw made me curious.

Starsky and Hutch was a legendary detective TV series that pioneered many of the topics and things we’re so used to today in television. Read on to see exciting things you didn’t know that will make you see the show in a completely new light.

You can find this one here

Why Good Men Are So Hard To Find

I used to follow this 32 year old guy on Twitter...until he got too political. I got so sick of seeing his political tweets, and the meanness that went along with them, I couldn't deal with it anymore. Just recently I ran across him again on Twitter and that time he was wondering why he's still single. He blamed it on being 32, because he thinks that's too old now for the gay community, and he never once thought the reason why he's not with someone could be for reasons other than his age. He never once considered that maybe he's a little too opinionated, pushy, irritating, or verbose.

In any event, I'll admit I have no idea what's going on out there with single gay people these days. And, most of the gay people I know are either married or involved in a long term relationship with someone...even though you rarely hear about them. I know a lot of gay people, too. The few gay people I do know who are single usually prefer it that way.

Here's an article where a gay in his 30s is wondering why he can't find a good man.


A gay man in his 30s is struggling with more than half a decade of singledom. He wonders: Will he ever find his Prince Charming?

“I’m a single man in my mid-30s,” the man writes to advice columnist Mariella Frostrup. “I was something of a monogamist throughout my 20s with only three relationships by 30. I’ve now been single for six years.”


I hope he knows there's no such thing as Prince Charming in real life. That's why we read romance novels and watch Helen Hunt movies like As Good As It Gets.

In any event, you can read the rest here. The advice columnist makes some good comments...and the comments with this article are priceless. 

 
The Rainbow Detective Agency Book 6

The Scottish Duke

No comments: