Thursday, September 29, 2016

Straight You Tuber Pranks Gay Friend; Jonathan Groff and His Looking Character; Will & Grace Reunion

Straight You Tuber Pranks Gay Friend

Here's a story that's a little complicated, and the comments below it vary.

We had never heard of fledgling YouTube personality NoBiggie before, and after viewing one of his latest offerings, we start to understand why.

His schtick largely consists of texting friends, acquaintances, and exes various lyrics to popular songs as though striking up conversation, with theoretically hilarious consequences.

You can check this out here.  You have to watch the video to fully get it. The article is confusing at times, which makes me wonder what they're teaching people in journalism classes these days. But the story is interesting.


Jonathan Groff and His Looking Character

I think stories like this in these heated political times are a nice diversion. It's a quote by Jonathan Groff, from a book about the series, Looking.

This job has changed my life in so many ways. I’ve never played a character that hit so close to the bone. It felt like an extension of myself taking place in the present. Trying to figure out what it means to be gay. Patrick and I are from the same generation of gay men so it has been so real for me. I had told Andrew of a break up I had where the other guy wanted to be in an open relationship – so he wrote that situation for Patrick and Kevin.”

You can check this out here.  I find it interesting that a TV show that sparks so much emotion in so many viewers...even in gay guys I know who don't like watching TV, but will watch Looking...gets canceled so quickly. I'll never get that.


Will & Grace Political Reunion

Now here's a TV show that I never watched much, but it did stay on TV for a long time and it did garner a huge following. I just never could identify with the main characters...Will or Grace.

With that said, there's been a lot of talk about the Will & Grace reunion.

Your love of 90s nostalgia just got triggered: the cast of Will and Grace has reunited for a video about how voting only matters in swing states, and it’s like the last 15 years have melted away and we’re all living in a world of sitcoms.

Check out the behind the scenes video below for shots of the cast together, holding iPhones that were just a twinkle in the eye of Steve Jobs back when the gang was originally on the air.

You can check this out here. And here's a link to a video...with a great article to go along with it This article refers to it as a "Strange Reunion Show."

As in true old time Hollywood fashion they are calling it a "10 Minute Bonanza." That's right. A "bonanza." But it's really more about politics than anything else.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to a Friends reunion a lot more. 



Uncertainty


New Adult Gay Romance














No comments: