Friday, July 22, 2016

Colton Haynes In Scream Queens 2; The Cast of Looking On LGBT Representation; Donald Trump On LGBT Promises; Peter Thiel Makes LGBT History At Republican Convention

Colton Haynes In Scream Queens 2

I saw this trending in a few places on social media on Friday, and I figured I'd share for those who might be interested in it. In truth, I haven't been watching Scream Queens, but I will check it out now that Colton Haynes is part of the cast.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Haynes will be playing a “mysterious role” in the series, which moves the action from college to a hospital of abject terror owned by the superiorly-named Cathy Munsch (played by Jamie Lee Curtis.)

You can check that out here.  

The Cast of Looking On LGBT Representation


Here's what the cast of Looking thinks about LGBT Representation...

Queerty was on the Looking movie red carpet in San Francisco for the premiere to talk with all of your favorite cast members. In the exclusive clip above, Russell Tovey and the rest of the cast share their thoughts on the importance of LGBT representation in television and film.

There's a video here. One comment from a cast member rings true: we need more diverse representation. I try to do this in all of my books and I get a lot of positive feedback from people who notice it. 

Donald Trump On LGBT Promises

I'm remaining objective with this one, as I always do with politics. And once again, it's partly because I don't want to insult the many LGBT people...and straight people I know...who do support Trump. Of course the article to which I'm linking isn't objective, but you rarely see anything that is good objective journalism in the queer presses. They can't help themselves.

Or so he claims.

“As your President, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology,” Trump said.

Actually, I watched the entire convention, and I will watch the entire Democratic convention, too. Donald Trump said a few more positive things about the LGBT community, and so did a few of the other speakers, one of whom I'm posting about right below this. In fact, I was shocked at how the people on the floor applauded the LGBT community, with genuine respect. And I saw this myself. It's not hearsay.

Peter Thiel Makes LGBT History At Republican Convention

Of course you didn't see this news trending anywhere in the queer presses. So much for objectivity and gay history. But I saw the same thing happen when Fred Karger made gay history by running for President in the last election. He's an openly gay man and the queer presses went blank on him.


Peter Thiel encouraged the GOP to not get distracted by culture wars on stage Thursday night, saluting Donald Trump for not focusing on such things as he made history.


The tech billionaire declared to the Republican National Convention that he is "proud to be gay," becoming the first speaker in the party's history to do so from the stage of the Republican National Convention.

"Every American has a unique identity. I am proud to be gay," he said to applause, including from the Trump family. "I am proud to be a Republican, but most of all I am proud to be an American."


You can check this out here. I think it's important to present both sides of any story, and Peter Thiel did, indeed, make gay history whether queer presses want to acknowledge it or not. At least other news outlets did recognize it.



Valley of the Dudes





Unabated










No comments: