Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Male Full Frontal Nudity On TV; Guide To Male Full Frontal Nudity On TV; FREE Gay Excerpt

Male Full Frontal Nudity On TV

Gay news is really lacking these days and I wish there were less subjective political articles and more human interest like the one I posted yesterday about Ricky Martin raising money for charity. But it is what it is, and I don't think the gay presses realize they turn off half their readership sometimes, with some of their slanted articles.

In any event, here's an interesting post about male full frontal nudity on TV.

Viewers of at least two premium cable dramas recently experienced a nude awakening: Male characters on both HBO’s The Leftovers and Showtime’s The Affair have exposed their genitalia on camera this fall.

Why so shocking? Although nudity has long been a part of pay TV (remember when Cinemax was jokingly referred to as “Skinemax”?), most of the disrobing continues to be done by women. Male nudity, in comparison, remains a rarity on screen (including in film).

You can check that out here.
 Rancho Mirage







Guide To Male Full Frontal Nudity On TV

Here's a guide to male full frontal nudity on TV. I didn't know most of them.

Not to be completely weird, but do you ever feel like you’re constantly watching art house films and premium cable shows that show a lot of naked women, but nary a naked man? It’s probably because there still is a lingering stigma against presenting the male form in all its glory on film. 

Notice how they mention the naked women vs naked men on TV. I've been harping about that for ages on this blog.

You can check this out here.


The Arrangement




FREE Gay Excerpt: Unbated

Here's a free excerpt from my latest work in progress, titled, Unabated. This is gay romance, but new adult erotic romance, too. If it wasn't for the fact that it has mostly gay characters I would classify it as "new adult romance." However, I like people to know what they're getting.

This is from the first chapter, and this is the story of a young married gay couple who decide to experiment with an open marriage. And it's SFW.




When Danny Martinson heard his husband say he wanted to move to the suburbs, Danny nearly choked on his red devil cupcake with cream cheese frosting. They were strolling down Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village on a warm Friday evening in May, surrounded by tourists from New Jersey and a few neighborhood regulars who were all wearing black.
Danny stopped short so fast someone slammed right into him and the cupcake went sailing out of Danny's hand and into the gutter. It landed face down alongside the curb, tipped to the left.
Danny turned and found a tall, skinny wisp of a man with a scrappy lumberjack beard glaring in his direction as if he'd just killed a kitten.
The skinny guy opened his eyes wider and said, "Like Dude, like pay attention. I was texting. I almost dropped my phone. What the fuck?"
Danny sent him a look and frowned. "Well I lost my cupcake, dude. I'd say we're like even." He'd just waited in line for a half hour for that cupcake. He'd been thinking about it all day long. He'd been eating it from the bottom up and he hadn't even started on the cream cheese frosting.
The guy shook his head in a clueless way, looked down at his phone again, and continued walking west without giving Danny a backward glance.
Danny's husband, Vince Roberts, took his arm and guided him toward a lamp post. "Are you okay?" His expression suggested panic, but his voice sounded calm and even, and each word he spoke remained as articulate as always. "I thought you were going to grab his phone and step on it. I've never seen you react that way."
"That's because you never dropped a bombshell quite like that on me before," Danny said. They'd been together for almost seven years, but only legally married for two. They'd met in college, at a southern university where Danny had been majoring in English and Vince had been focused on meteorology. Up until two years ago, they'd been living in places where same sex marriage hadn't been legal.
Vince shrugged and said, "I'm sorry if I shocked you. I wasn't sure how to bring the subject up. I know how much you love living in New York. I love it here, too. But I'm getting tired of the commute. It's actually killing me. And it's so expensive to live here. I only want to improve the quality of our lives and I think moving to the suburbs would do that."
"It's not like it's going to be cheap living in the suburbs either," Danny said. "I would have to get a car. I don't need a car now in New York." His biggest fear was once you leave New York you never get back again.
Vince laughed. He commuted to Pennsylvania by car because he worked so many odd hours. "Are you joking? What we pay right now just to keep one car in a garage in Manhattan could get you a hot little sports car in the suburbs."
They'd moved to New York two years earlier when Vince had landed a job as weatherperson for a small TV station in North Eastern Pennsylvania. It was the first time since college Danny felt like a real adult. Up until that point, they'd lived in small towns in the south where Vince had worked for small radio stations. Moving to New York had always been Danny's dream. He'd always wanted to know what it was like to live and work in a place where there were so many other gay people just like him. The TV station in Pennsylvania where Vince worked was about an hour and a half commute from Manhattan, which seemed logical at the time. Vince hadn't planned on remaining at the TV station in Pennsylvania for long. He'd thought of it more as a stepping stone that would lead him to a larger TV station in New York. However, he found out soon enough it wasn't as simple as he thought it would be to land a job in New York. He was lucky to be on TV anywhere, and they were both thankful for the job he had in Pennsylvania.
"You want me to live in the Pocono Mountains?" Danny said. "We may as well pack up and move back the South Carolina. At least the climate was pleasant all year." Danny had been to the area of North Eastern Pennsylvania where Vince worked. It wasn't far from New Jersey; just across the Delaware River where the river formed a gap. There were ski resorts, tourist attractions, and it was a well-known regional get-away. It wasn't a bad place, not by any means, if you liked that woodsy, log cabin, mountaineer type of thing. It's just that it was so rural, so family oriented, and so isolated he wasn't sure he could do that year round. Danny worked at home as a freelance writer for several online publications. He usually worked seven days a week, rushing to meet deadlines, and sometimes he didn't even get out of the apartment. When he did take a break, it was nice to be surrounded by people and culture and all the interesting attractions Manhattan had to offer.
Vince placed his palm on the small of Danny's back and guided him toward the sidewalk. As they continued walking back to their apartment on Perry Street, Vince said, "I'm not talking about moving to the Pocono Mountains, not exactly. We don't have to live next door to the TV station. In fact, I think that would be a mistake. I'd prefer a little distance. I'm talking about moving to this great little town in New Jersey that's about halfway between where I work and New York. We could still go into the city as often as we want, and I could cut my commuting time by more than half. And, this town is very gay. In fact, it's been dubbed as one of the most popular gay ghettos in the US by a few LGBT web sites."
Danny listened without saying a word. Vince's salary was much higher than Danny's, which he knew, logically, made a difference in their relationship. At that moment, Vince's career had to come first. They needed the money; they had to be practical. Vince had never mentioned this aloud because he wasn't the kind of man who would hold that against Danny. In the same respect, it was a fact that Danny couldn't ignore. The TV station where Vince worked had also embraced him as openly gay. His bosses encouraged it and they promoted him as their openly gay weatherperson who was happily married to a man.
"What's the name of this town in New Jersey?" Danny asked. They were approaching the building where they lived and he wanted to look this town up online later that night so he could find out what it was all about. He figured if it was as popular with gays as Vince said it was there would be plenty of information on the Internet.
"It's called Penn's Grant," Vince said. He opened the door to their building so Danny could enter first. "I think it's the perfect compromise, especially in this situation. As it stands, I might be working in the same place for a long, long time. And I like it there. I'm not complaining. It's been good to us. I'm just getting tired of the long commute."
Danny walked into the old fashioned black and white tiled vestibule and smiled. "I know that. I can't argue that point. I also like seeing you so happy working there." He'd seen Vince working at radio stations he'd despised and he knew the difference between having a happy husband and one who hated his job so much he couldn't sleep at night.
"I love my job," Vince said. "I used to have grand ambitions about working for a network, and I'm not saying I would pass up an offer to do that now. But I'm saying that if an offer from a network never comes along, I love where I am right now."
Danny knew he couldn't refuse to consider leaving New York. A part of him had seen this coming. He wasn't thrilled with Vince doing that long commute either. Vince wouldn't have done that to him if the situation had been reversed. So he shrugged and said, "I guess we can take a look at this Penn's Grant place tomorrow. It can't hurt driving out there just to see what it's like. I’m curious. But we both have to like it and we still have to think this through a little more."
"I know," Vince said, reaching around to grab Danny's ass. "I don't want to rush into anything, but you know that our lease is up in two months. We can't waste time either."
Vince was as attractive now as he'd been the first day Danny had met him six years earlier. Sometimes Danny thought he might even be better looking because he was on TV every day of the week doing the weather in front of thousands of people. He worked out regularly to keep his body firm, he got his hair styled more often, and he always wore the most flattering clothing when he went out in public in case someone recognized him.




No comments: