Thursday, January 21, 2016

Straight Guys And BRO-Jobs; Ricky Martin's Bedroom Shenanigans; Psychic Denies Housing to Queer Couple

Straight Guys And BRO-Jobs

There's an app called BRO that I think helps "heteroflexible" guys when they are looking for something same sex oriented. They word it a little differently in the article to which I'm linking, but this is what it sounds like to me.

First, here's the definition of heteroflexible. I'm doing this because it's all news to me. I always thought of this sort of thing as "in the closet." 

A primarily straight individual who, in certain situations can find persons of the same sex appealing.

Now here's more about BRO...

“BRO goes beyond using labels, and is for men that are interested in meeting other men,” the description reads. “It’s as simple as that. Just sign up, and start looking for new bros!”

And this...

Jane Ward, whose bestselling book Not Gay: Sex Between Straight White Men caused a media frenzy last summer, says BRO further supports her theory that straight-identifying men engage in homosexual behaviors a lot more often than people might think.

“This kind of product serves as more evidence that the labels ‘gay’ and ‘bisexual’ do not capture all of the ways that men want to make intimate contact with other men, whether emotionally or sexually,” Ward tells Queerty.

Interesting. I'm sticking with my resolution for 2016 and trying to remain objective this year.


You can read the rest here.  

Check out the comments. They aren't objective at all.


Ricky Martin's Bedroom Shenanigans

Even though I despise the word shenanigans, I'm posting this about Ricky Martin because it talks more about "labels."

“I know that I like both men and women,” Martin confessed. “I’m against sexual labels, we are simply human beings with emotional and sexual needs.”

Though he identifies as gay, Martin said he’s not totally opposed to the idea of having sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex.

“I am gay,” he said, “Men fascinate me. But I like to enjoy sex in total freedom, so I’m open to having sex with a woman if I feel desire.”

You can read more here. I love Ricky Martin, but as Judge Judy says, "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."    


Psychic Allegedly Denies Housing To Queer Couple


Here's a story about a self-proclaimed psychic who allegedly refused housing to a queer couple.

When Tonya Smith and her wife Rachel, a trans woman, applied to rent a home from psychic Deepika Avanti in the town of Gold Hill (pop. 230), they were allegedly told in an email that their “unique relationship” would become a “town focus,” triggering gossip and blowing Avanti’s “low profile.”

“In small towns everyone talks and gossips,” the email read. “All of us would be the most popular subject in town. … There is no way to avoid this.”

The queer couple has filed a lawsuit against the psychic, and the psychic didn't even know it until the media contacted her.  The psychic claims the queer couple have children and she didn't want the noisy kids living there.

You can read more here. 

It's hard to speculate on this one. 


The Rainbow Detective Agency
Saying Goodbye
 
 


No comments: