Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pope Meets Same Sex Couple; Gay Men Wearing Pink Ribbons; Tells Girlfriend All Guys Have Grindr On Their Phones

Pope Meets Same Sex Couple

I try to be objective...as often as I can here. So I figured I would post something more positive about Pope Francis. And rightly so.  It's very newsworthy, considering all the press last week about the Pope and THAT woman. I don't like the way the press has been using all this as clickbait either.

Yayo Grassi, an openly gay man, brought his partner, Iwan Bagus, as well several other friends to the Vatican Embassy on September 23 for a brief visit with the Pope. A video of the meeting shows Grassi and Francis greeting each other with a warm hug. 

In an exclusive interview with CNN, Grassi said the visit was arranged personally with the Pope via email in the weeks ahead of Francis' highly anticipated visit to the United States


Gay Men Wearing Pink Ribbons

I'm all for it...gay men and all men wearing pink  ribbons to support women with breast cancer. I also know men can get breast cancer. I know one man who did get it. 

Yet the voices of many gay men are notably absent in this conversation. When it comes to health issues, gay men overhelmingly support HIV organizations with their time and money. And rightfully so. The HIV epidemic is not over, and the virus still disproprotionately affects this demographic.

The only thing about articles like this that bother me is that we all become connected to cancer in one form or another during our lifetimes. Tony and I support breast cancer because family members have fought the fight and it's hit us personally. However, we've also been closely involved with family members (and friends) who had pancreatic cancer and you rarely see anything about that anywhere. There is no cure for that. They are still using the same drugs they used ten years ago. The most curative approach is The Whipple procedure and that usually just buys people extra time here on earth. 

So I think that everyone should support what they feel the strongest about, not what someone else tells them to support. Supporting something you truly believe in has nothing to do with becoming part of a conversation.


Tells Girlfriend All Guys Have Grindr On Their Phones

Here's yet another story about a young woman who asked her boyfriend why he has a Grindr app on his phone. Because he's "straight."

“So the other day I found out that my boyfriend of like four years had downloaded Grindr (shamefully I was looking through his phone). He didn’t have a profile or anything but I confronted him and he told me that he looked as a joke and that all guys look up weird stuff like this. He said it was “just to see what the app was like” but that he is not gay or curious in any way.
Is the whole ‘all guys look at it’ thing true, should I trust him, or should I try to talk to him more about it? Kind of freaking out and really confused.”
The article goes on to show some of the replies people made to her. You can read them here.

Personally, I think the guy is innocent. If he were hiding anything he wouldn't have the app on his phone in the first place. Most closeted guys are more careful about those things than Hillary was with her e-mails. They don't normally take chances like that. They're too terrified of being discovered.


New Release 




Also, check out a few free 
promotions and sales with...
 
The Women Who Love to Love Gay Romance
 
The Rainbow Detective Agency Box Set
 
Meadows Are Not Forever
 
All on Amazon






 


No comments: