Friday, October 9, 2015

More Glendale E-Pub; Viral Gay Kiss Leads to Marriage; How Hillary Clinton "Evolved" on Gay Marriage

More Glendale E-Pub

After I posted about starting up Glendale E-pub Services, I received more than a few e-mails with questions about just what the service offers.

Here's one response I sent to someone who e-mailed me, an author I've been corresponding with for quite a while. His e-publisher is shuttering in a few months he's looking into what it might take to indie publish his books when he gets the rights back. This was something that happened to me, and it's happening to a lot of other authors right now.

Please take into consideration that nothing about this is written in stone. The whole concept behind this service is to work with each individual author, at affordable fees, so they can publish their own work and retain their own rights. 

Glendale e-pub is more like a service where authors can publish than an actual publishing house. In other words, authors retain their own rights and control their own royalty payments, in full. Glendale works in partnership with the author to help the author get the book published either on Amazon or as many venues as they can.
 
There are flat fees that are affordable and each author gets what works best for them. Everyone is different and some people prefer to only publish on Amazon. Others prefer to distribute widely. The most important thing is that the author gets complete control of his/her own work and Glendale manages that for them in the initial stages.
 
The reason we started Glendale is because I've seen so many "services" that promise the world, charge far too much, and basically rip authors off. I've done a lot of indie publishing myself in the past four years and I've learned everything through trial and error. Glendale is an alternative for new authors, authors who have lost their publishers for whatever reason, or authors with back list books who want them published again. Every author is an individual.
 
Most of all, Glendale welcomes all authors of all genres. It's not like querying and there is no bias. It's more of a first come first serve basis. We don't like to rush things and we don't judge anyone's content. We believe the readers can do that. It's not our job to do that :) 
 
If you have questions you can submit them through the web site here, or e-mail me with "Glendale E-publishing Services" in the subject line, here... RfieldJ@aol.com
 
Viral Gay Kiss Leads to Marriage
 
A few years ago a gay kiss with a marine went viral,  and these two guys recently got married. I remember thinking, at the time, what a novelty it was to see something like this go viral.

Marine Sergeant Brandon Morgan tied the knot with Dalan Wells last week — a milestone they couldn’t have imagined just a few years ago.
 In 2012, just four months after the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell went into effect, Morgan and Wells became a viral sensation and symbol of a new era when a photo of the two embracing made the rounds.

You can check this out here, with photos. When you see the photo that went viral I'm sure most of you will remember it. I think it surfaced on Facebook for weeks because people couldn't get enough of it. It's nice to see a RL happy ending for a change. 

How Hillary Clinton "Evolved" On Gay Marriage

I remember this one, too. There was an article out a few years ago about how Chelsea Clinton helped Hillary Clinton "evolve" on gay marriage. I can't find it, but I do remember reading it somewhere. At the time, I rolled my eyes. 

You see, this really bothers me. The world "evolve." So you're telling me that you had to come to the conclusion that I deserved the same equal rights you have had all your life? It was that hard for you to do? And you're not even hesitating when you say this?

The former (and possibly future) first child sat down with Ellen, and wouldn’t you know it, Hillary’s much-discussed stance on gay rights came up. Chelsea told Ellen that she “absolutely” pushed her mom to support gay marriage.

She had to PUSH her? 

“When I got married in 2010 to my best friend it just crystallized so fundamentally to me that everyone should be allowed to marry their best friend,” Clinton said. “And so I joined the equal marriage fight in New York and we got equal marriage in New York in 2011.”

Sometimes I think it's better not to say anything at all. This is one of those times.
 

As usual, I read the comments with this link after I wrote the post. I'm always curious about whether or not I'm the only one who feels a certain way. Most seem to feel the same way I do on this one. 

To be fair, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton are not the only people coming from places of privilege who have made statements about "evolving." Others have done it, too, and I think someone should tell them. 
 
No matter how you look at this, it's a form of passive aggressive homophobia. 

Newest Release 







 
 
 
 
 

No comments: