Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Will They Boycott Megyn Kelly; NY Rent Boy CEO Busted; Zachary Quinto on Coming Out Publicly

Will They Boycott Megyn Kelly

In short, Donald Trump went after Megyn Kelly on Twitter this week and the President of Fox News is now demanding that Trump apologize. If you haven't already heard about it, I'm posting a link to AOL news below so you can read the details.

In part:

"Megyn Kelly represents the very best of American journalism and all of us at Fox News Channel reject the crude and irresponsible attempts to suggest otherwise," said Ailes, the Fox News Channel chairman. "I could not be more proud of Megyn for her professionalism and class in the face of all of Mr. Trump's verbal assaults."

First, someone should tell him:


Megyn Kelly is an attorney turned political pundit with a TV show on the Fox News network. She's a brilliant woman and she's good at what she does. I've seen her show a few times. But I think it's huge disservice to serious journalists to refer to her as someone who represents the best of them. She's just like Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow. There's nothing wrong with that, unless you try to hide it.

A pundit, from wiki: 

A pundit (sometimes also called a talking head) is a person who offers to mass media their opinion or commentary on a particular subject area (most typically political analysis, the social sciences, technology or sport) on which they are knowledgeable (or can at least appear to be knowledgeable), or considered a scholar in said area. 

Loosely speaking, what Kelly does, at times, could be considered journalism. However, for the most part she is getting paid a lot of money to be a pundit.

For the record, the few times I've watched Kelly's TV show I was surprised at how well she handled LGBT topics...to her credit.

You can read more here. 

What I'm curious about are the comments...and what I see on Twitter. And I'm starting to wonder if people will start a silent boycott of Megyn Kelly like they've done with other shows on other networks that tried to sway public opinion.

Here's one comment:

How about Kelly apologize FIRST. We all saw what she was trying to do and the Donald called her out on it and now Fox wants the apology ? Just say NO Donald.

Here's another:

fox news should be ashamed of how MK conducted her question with trump in an attempt to derail him. she more than met her match but wasnt smart enough to recognize it. please if you're going to be in the public media then wear a thicker layer of skin.

NY Rent Boy CEO Busted


The CEO of rentboy.com and six of his employees were arrested in a sting operation today in Manhattan.

The raid, which was conducted by Homeland Security with help from the NYPD, happened at the company’s headquarters on West 14th Street this morning. Not much is known at this point other than Hurant and his crew were taken into custody on suspicion of promoting interstate prostitution and money laundering. The company’s bank accounts containing millions of dollars have been frozen. Boxes of files and computers were also seized during the raid.

There's more here. But not much. I can't comment because I didn't even know the web site existed. When you're married and with the same person for over twenty years you tend not to go out searching for things like this...at least you're not supposed to.

Zachary Quinto on Coming Out Publicly

I haven't seen much with Zachary Quinto and I'm not even sure why. I've posted about him a few times. I haven't always agreed with his comments, but I do give him credit for coming out during a time when it is still considered by many a dangerous career move in the entertainment industry. For the record, I don't blame those who don't come out either.


I work more now than I ever did when I was in the closet and I’m doing a wider range and variety of roles than I ever did before I came out. I feel like that’s what I need to keep demanding of myself and what I need to keep demanding of the industry.”

You can read more here. I think Quinto and a few others like him have paved the way for more to come, so that one day it won't be an issue anymore.


The Rainbow Detective Agency Book 6


The Scottish Duke














No comments: