Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Rainbow Colored Garden Lamps a Hoax? Small Towns Celebrate Gay Marriage; Loving Daylight by Ryan Field

Rainbow Colored Garden Lamps a Hoax?

This is fascinating to me because I often refrain from comment whenever I see a new crowdfunding campaign that I think might be questionable. I don't say anything but I see it happen time and again everywhere. This year I even saw an attorney who owns a book review blog get sued for a blog post she wrote, people started a crowdfunding campaign for her legal defense, and it turned out she had been horribly deceiving her readership with a pen name and fake identity all along. I think that shady, shifty campaign made over sixty thousand dollars so far, AND, the attorney who is being sued is still blogging and there are actually people who are taking her seriously. It's mind blowing when you think about it.

There doesn't seem to be a limit as to where nice people will donate money. And that's what bothers me the most. People donate with the best of intentions.

In any event, it looks as if the Rainbow Garden story about the woman in Baltimore might be a hoax, too. I posted about her here. It was being dubbed "The Relentlessly Gay Garden" at the time I posted about it.

And now this:

Suspicions were raised when people noticed that both Baker and the letter she allegedly received displayed the same improper use of capitalization. The letter incorrectly capitalizes words such as “others,” “children,” “police” and “forced.” Meanwhile, Baker’s GoFundMe page incorrectly capitalizes words such as “home” and “relent.” A closer look at Baker’s Facebook page found that this seems to be a habit of hers, and that there are similar capitalization and grammatical problems in her rants criticizing right-wing Christians for their stances on marriage and abortion.

There's more here. She allegedly told police that she can't find the letter anymore. Check out her photo, too.

I'm going to refrain from commenting on this one, too, until I know more about it. 



Small Towns Celebrate Gay Marriage

I saw a lot of this on my local news the night SCOTUS ruled on same sex marriage. There was even a rally in downtown New Hope, PA, where I live. Of course New Hope is a known tourist destination on the east coast and also known for a large LGBT population. However, I really never did think I'd live to see a rally on Main Street celebrating legalized same sex marriage. 

It's happening in other towns, too:

There’s nothing truly remarkable about DJ Payne and Lance Harrison’s decision to get married. The Petersburg, VA couple has been together for 16 loving years, so when same-sex marriage became legal in Virginia, the choice was simple.

But what they never could have expected was the outpouring of support they felt from their town of 32,400 people.

You can read more and check out photos here.

Loving Daylight by Ryan Field

About five years ago I was asked to write a novel for a romance collection that would be featured on The Home Shopping Network. The one catch was that I had to write the novel in three weeks. I almost turned it down, however, the publisher convinced me to do it and I agreed. I have never worked so intensely on anything in my life, but I'm glad I did it.

I recently had the rights reverted back to me and I'm releasing it now through Ryan Field Press. This is one of those reasons why I wanted to go indie for some things in the first place. I knew that one day there would come a time when I had to re-release my own fiction.

Loving Daylight is a mainstream contemporary hetero romance, a paranormal, with a small gay subplot. I wanted to start writing books like this, where I incorporate gay characters into mainstream novels. And this book gave me a chance to prove that I could do it. At the time, I used a female pen name for The Home Shopping Network for reasons I'd rather not get into in this post. But if you notice I only posted about it a few times here on the blog. I never spent much time at all promoting it anywhere.

It's also a PG rated romance, without any explicit sex scenes, and runs 60,000 words. 

In any event, here's the blurb and a few links, and it will bein iTunes and Kobo, too:

Avenir LaFramboise, a powerful one hundred and one year old vampire who looks like he’s in his early twenties, travels back to the place where he was born, Glendale Harbor, Maine, on Mt. Desert Island. He’s curious about a beautiful young woman named Sienna, the great-granddaughter of his first love. But he soon discovers that even though they look identical, their personalities are very different. Sienna is strong and independent and brave, and it doesn’t take long for him to fall deeply in love with her.

At first, Sienna isn’t interested in Avenir’s rugged good looks or his endless supply of money. She’s too busy holding down two full time jobs, saving money for law school, and supporting her ailing, former-hippie grandmother in a nursing home. Even though Sienna came from one of the wealthiest families in town, she was left with nothing when her mother died without a legal last will and testament.


Avenir eventually wins Sienna’s trust and they embark on a quest to uncover a valuable hidden painting, her mother’s last will and testament, and the truth behind her mother’s violent, untimely death. They do this with the help of an aggressive ghost, a remarkable little white kitten named Latte, and Avenir’s extraordinary vampire skills. The ending is as shocking as the events leading up to it. And though none of their lives will ever be the same again, dignity, honor and true everlasting love prove to be much stronger than the evil forces they’ve been fighting. 


Loving Daylight


Featured In a Romance Collection On the Home Shopping Network 



No comments: