Saturday, April 18, 2015

Marco Rubio Gay Weddings; Jonathan Groff's Closeted Days; Cucumber and Banana Gay TV; He Fell In Love With a Deaf Guy

Marco Rubio Gay Weddings


Marco Rubio is running for President.

He's a Republican.

He doesn't believe in redefining the term "marriage."

But he would go to a gay wedding if invited.

Oh, and Marco Rubio thinks being gay is a choice.

Rubio tells Fusion he would not refuse to attend 'because I disagree with a choice they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made, or whatever it may be.'

Guess who's not voting for Marco Rubio?

Millions of LGBT people, their families, their co-workers, their friends, and another million or so we don't hear from because they can't actually speak out about the topic.

Everyone who reads this blog knows I'm not one of those anti-Republican haters. I'm not a political zealot whatsoever. I know gay Republicans and I respect them. But seriously. If this is the best the Republicans can do than Hillary Clinton deserves to win on the platform of pure sarcasm.

I think a politician can get away with being this backward if he or she is older and from another generation. We tend to give them a pass out of respect. But when you're a relatively young guy like Rubio and you pull this, you just come off looking strange. 

The rest is here.  

Jonathan Groff's Closeted Days

I hope when people read this they fully know and understand that even though Jonathan Groff has evolved in his life to the point where he doesn't do things like this anymore, millions of gay people in the world are still, indeed, doing it. I point this out because I often see people in the m/m romance genre acting as if there a no more problems for gay people, in the US, or anywhere in the world...because they wrote about it in a m/m romance novel and commented about it on DearAuthor.com in a post like this.

What is that problem for gay people you ask?

Hiding their partners, lovers, or spouses.

'I didn't bring him as my date,' Groff said while accepting an award from the Point Foundation Monday night.

Groff, now 30, had made a name for himself on Spring Awakening but was not ready to share with the world that he was gay at the age of 21.

'Even though I was performing eight times a week in a show about the importance of self-expression and the danger of sexual repression, I kept my relationship with my "roommate" a secret,' he told the crowd at at the New York Public Library.

'I was still very scared and insecure about being gay. I did the stupidest things. And I went to great lengths to keep my cast and crew from asking me about my "roommate." For example, I never had him come to the theater, and I never invited him out after the show.

When Tony worked in corporate America I was never introduced to his staff or the people he worked with. That was only a few years ago. If he were still working in corporate America, I would still not be meeting his co-workers. I understood completely and never forced the issue. We aren't stupid people. And, we have a mortgage. 

You can read the rest here. The comments will teach you about what you thought you knew already.

Cucumber and Banana Gay TV

Well, I set the DVR and watched the new gay TV shows, Cucumber and Banana

Without going into a long-winded review, I didn't finish either one of them and I won't be watching them again.

They just didn't do it for me and I had trouble identifying with any of the characters...and liking them. I know there are gay people out there like this, but I'm not one of them. So I guess it's all subjective. I switched to a rerun of House Hunters and watched two nice gay guys buy a loft in Center City Philadelphia. I could identify with them.

But if these two shows last, and a gay TV show like Looking couldn't make it, there's something definitely wrong with TV these days.

He Fell In Love With a Deaf Guy

Here's nice story about two guys who met online, fell in love, and one happens to be deaf. It makes so many of the catfishing tales we read about all the time fade in comparison.

'His Growlr name was "deaf guy,"' Craig told Gay Star News. 'At the time I thought, "Is he joking? Is he really deaf?"'

Craig said they 'talked and talked and talked... and we just clicked.' And when he found out that Glen was actually deaf, he was already looking past it.

‘The first day I spoke to Glen was 14 February 2013. I went to meet him the very next day,’ he said.
‘I was so nervous because I just started speaking to this guy yesterday and I was thinking, "How will we communicate if things go further?"’

Despite advice to the contrary from his ex, Craig met Glen at a shopping center in Birmingham, England.
Rubio tells Fusion he would not refuse to attend 'because I disagree with a choice they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made, or whatever it may be.' - See more at: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/marco-rubio-doesnt-agree-their-choice-hed-attend-wedding-gay-family-member160415#sthash.Hxl1ergC.dpuf
Rubio tells Fusion he would not refuse to attend 'because I disagree with a choice they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made, or whatever it may be.' - See more at: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/marco-rubio-doesnt-agree-their-choice-hed-attend-wedding-gay-family-member160415#sthash.Hxl1ergC.dpuf

You can continue reading about them here. After two years, they are still together. It's a real life happily-ever-after story.

I once dated a deaf guy, before I met Tony. We met in a bar and I noticed him fast because he looked like a young version of Sylvester Stallone. Tall, dark, and very muscular and a former football player. We dated a few times, but I was young and didn't ask too many questions. I did find it odd that he didn't feel safe hooking up anywhere but the backseat of his car. Unfortunately, I eventually found out why. He had a very jealous partner who came looking for him (and his car) one night, with a baseball bat. I'll spare you the rest. But I think I wrote about this in a story once. I just can't remember where.


 
 

No comments: