Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dolce and Gabbana Exec Resigns; American Horror Story and Matt Bomer; Review: The Way We ALMOST Were

Dolce and Gabbana Exec Resigns

A top executive, Giuliano Federico, with Dolce and Gabanna resigned over the statement recently made by D&G that slammed modern families and praised the traditional family. It was basically one of the biggest insults two gay men have ever given to other gay people. They insulted others, too, not just gays. But the significant focus is that they are both gay. There are more links there if you aren't familiar with what happened. I don't even want to repeat it again.

Giuliano Federico, the director of D&G’s magazine Swide, has resigned from his post of 17 years due to his bosses’ bad mouths and worse attitudes.

In his resignation letter, he brings up his Italian pride, but looks towards a “more modern and egalitarian future for its citizens and its children. All the children.”

Even the ones with gay parents.

You can read the entire letter here. It's a bold move for someone in such a powerful position, which clearly suggests that there might be more to the story and D&G may or may not run their business a certain way. 

What really interests me is that these two veered away from the world of fashion and design to get into something this political. This also suggests a few things. They either really believe in their old fashioned opinions, they thought they were above criticism because they are Dolce and Gabbana, or they're just not very bright businessmen and got very lucky in life. There are many excellent designers out there who don't get as lucky. Rather than boycott D&G, we should support other designers who support us. 

American Horror Story and Matt Bomer

This has been making headlines all week and I thought it post worthy. Jessica Lange is leaving AH and she said this:

“Yes, I’m done. We’ve had a great run here. I absolutely love doing these four characters, and in all madness, I love the writers and Ryan and the insanity of shooting it.”

I love the show, and I did keep watching the Freak Show season right up to the end. I did, however, find it to be a little self-indulgent at certain points. This self-indulgence (all those annoying old songs for one thing) seems to be Ryan Murphy's style and I hope someone close to him points this out. I like Ryan Murphy; I like this show. Matt Bomer is going to be part of next season's cast and someone else from Glee. I just hope this doesn't turn into more Glee, because that was an American horror show I didn't continue to watch...because it became so self-indulgent.

In any event, I loved Jessica Lange in AH and wish she had done just one more season.

You can read the rest here. 

The comments are interesting.

Review: The Way We ALMOST Were

Here's a review for my recently released gay parody of an old film, The Way We ALMOST Were.
I'll post a purchase link below to Amazon. The review is verbatim, as it was posted. I never censor or edit anyone.

A HUGE thank you to this reader, whom I don't know. And if I were a cook, that's exactly the kind of food I'd make. Unfortunately, I'm not even sure how to turn the stove on anymore. 


Sometimes I read a book I like, I love or I'm passionate about. And sometimes a book just lets me speechless, so happy and satisfied, and fulfilled, that I loose my words. This book by Ryan Field is one of them. I don't know what to say about the book if not that it is AMAZING. I read "A christmas Carl" by the same author and I loved it. But this book, "The way we almost were" is by far the best of Ryan Field's books. Thi is a book about two men who met in college, and the love they have shared for each other over the years. It is also a book about the importance of living one's life honestly and to the full. Or, it could be about the importance to be real, and honest and fight for what makes your heart bit, wether it is your love or a good cause. In this book, Ryan Field manages to mix romance, sensuality and serious social/political issues very tastefully. The story is at the same time light, entertaining, romantic, sensual, and deep and thought provoking. If Ryan Field was a cook, I would say he is a chef; not the fancy type, but the type you find in an excellent family owned restaurant, where food tastes like very, very, very delicious homemade meals. This book made me think of "Harvey Milk" (gay political activist). Dear Ryan Field, you just made a reader very happy today. Keep writing, please? 







No comments: