Saturday, January 10, 2015

Straight Women and Gay Men; Bradley Cooper Plays Gay Again; Harvey Fierstein on Johnny Weir Again

Straight Women and Gay Men

Before I say a thing about this link I'd like to state up front I don't agree with it...what he's talking about here. I have two great women friends and we don't shop, cook together, arrange flowers, or braid each others hair. We go out to dinner, we play poker...it's a regular friendship and I never feel as though they are treating me like accessories. With that said, this article talks about how some straight women treat some gay men as if they are accessories.

I was recently running a couple of errands downtown and made a quick trip to a department store. 

Smelling through a few colognes, a noticed a woman looking at me with absolute concentration. It almost felt like she was studying me as though I were one of the on-sale coats she was sifting through.

Eventually she gained the courage to come up to me and tell me that I had a nice sense of style.
I was initially flattered. It had been a long day, and I hardly ever take the kindness of strangers for granted. We eventually began to engage in small chat and got formally acquainted. Through the comfort of our brief conversation, it was clear to her that I was gay. The direction of our discussion abruptly changed. 

"You seem like a very fabulous guy," she said. "I could use a gay friend, one to go shopping with and hit the streets like Carrie Bradshaw."

And in my head I thought, Oh, no, not again.

First, where else is he going to think that...think it in his ass? It's not the best written article.

The article goes on to state this isn't the first time this has happened to this gay man, and this line was particularly interesting.

Being fetishized as an emasculated assistant to empower a woman's diva alter ego suddenly offended me. And even though I am fully aware that many of these mainstream depictions are fictional, my own life seemed to model such a disgusting reality. 

He's basically stating that some straight women tend to objectify gay men in such an aggressive way they aren't interested in hearing any details about their lives. And frankly, I think he just ruined his point with that because most men, gay or straight, aren't interesting in sharing the details of their lives with anyone, men or women. Men tend to internalize and process things differently. They don't talk about "it." It's why I rarely post about anything in my own personal life until months after the fact...because I just don't want to talk about it when it happens. I had a horrible thing happen on New Year's Eve and I don't know when I'll post about it...if ever.

And ultimately, this guy fails in his attempt to prove the main point because he's over-analyzing the situation to the extent where he's starting to sound just like the women he claims are objectifying him. I wouldn't take any of it seriously. 

You can read it in full here to see how you interpret it. I think he's a whiner who should shut the fuck up. The comments tend to agree with me.

Bradley Cooper Plays Gay Again

And that's mainly because there's money to be made in playing gay. Before Cooper became famous he was in a film with gay content titled, We Hot American Summer. I didn't see it so I can't comment, but it's become a "cult hit" and now netflix sees an opportunity to make a lot of money on it and they are doing a sequel. And if you think that's not the only reason they are doing it (money) you can kiss my wet hot American gay ass. I'm only stating the obvious.

Netflix, which is behind such buzz-worthy shows as Orange is the New Black and House of Cards, has sealed a deal to make a sequel to the film in the form of a limited eight-episode series, reports Deadline Hollywood.

Cooper, Poehler, Rudd and Banks are all slated to reprise their roles along with other original cast members that include Christopher Meloni, Janeane Garofalo, David Hyde Pierce, Michael Ian Black, Marisa Ryan, Molly Shannon, Michael Showalter and Kevin Sussman.

I know, you can't wait to see it...blah, blah, blah. But that's only because you haven't seen much else with gay content and you're willing to settle for this instead. Try checking out Chris Lowell's Beside Still Waters. It's excellent and the gay character is what all gay characters should be in most films.

You can read the rest here. The one and only comment I saw was interesting because it's from a gay man who can't wait to jump into the gay male straight male fantasy with Bradley Cooper, who I'm sure is getting paid well for this. And, of course, after the release we'll have to watch Coop joke around about how the gay sex scenes worked out for him. Just once I want to see Matt Bomer get a straight male lead role opposite Angelia Jolie and joke around about how doing a sex scene with a skinny woman was so different and how he couldn't figure out where the hell the rest of her body was.

Harvey Fierstein on Johnny Weir Again

I like good old Harvey. He once did the intro to a book I was in with Cleis Press, though I can't recall the title right now. He thinks Johnny Weir is, not in these exact words, a hot fucking mess.

Why was Fierstein so angry? 

'Because on the 10th anniversary of gay marriage becoming legal (in Massachusetts) he was putting out press releases saying that he has a new marriage contract - a post-nup saying you can't touch another person's cock, you can't put it in your mouth, you can't put it in your ass. 

'And I'm doing radio interviews, and instead of talking about the power of gay marriage and how all these states have gay marriage and the world hasn't fallen in and all that, I'm being asked instead about that ass-wipe's post-nup!' 

All I can say is thank you, Harvey. Maybe Weir will read this and it will be a wake-up call? There was point back during the Olympics I couldn't believe the things coming out of his mouth. Is it possible to be that shallow? 

You can read the rest here.   




Fangsters
















No comments: