Tuesday, January 13, 2015

RIP Taylor Negron; Rosie Says Fuck; Daniel Franzese Naked on Looking

RIP Taylor Negron

The openly gay comedian who once played a character in the film, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, has passed.

His cousin, Chuck Negron of the 1970s band Three Dog Night, announced his passing Saturday (10 January) in a YouTube video. 

'I want to inform you that my cousin Taylor Negron just passed away,' he said. 

'His mother, his brother Alex and my brother Rene and his wife Julie were all there with him. 

'May he rest in peace.'

You can read the rest here. 

He made some interesting comments about fame and he trained under Lucille Ball. I've always thought that when an actor...or anyone in the arts...can make a viable living and gain a certain amount of exposure he or she did something right. In other words, he wasn't one of those million lights of broken hearts on Broadway. And, not everyone wants to be George and Anal Clooney. 

Rosie Says Fuck

We all say fuck, think it, and often write it, but when someone says it aloud on TV it make headlines.

On The View, Rosie and Nikki Glaser were discussing the make-you-happy-cry speech good old George Clooney gave at the Gloden Globes about his new wife, Her Royal Highness Lady Anal Clooney, and Rosie slipped and said, "Fuck." I don't even think it's post-worthy, but everyone else does so I'm sharing it.

Glaser tried to provide some solace to the women who are sad the have the eternal bachelor off of the market. 

'She’ll age, and then they’ll have a chance,' Glaser joked. 

Glaser then received a high five from O’Donnell who then let the four-letter expletive slip.

You can read the rest here. 

Daniel Franzese Naked on Looking

Daniel Franzese is an actor on Looking who plays a 36 year old HIV poz dude who works at a shelter for homeless trans kids. He's getting involved with one of the show's regular characters, Augustin, this season. In real life, Franzese recently came out, and he's adorable. 

The two will have some explicit sex scenes in upcoming episodes. 

'He’s a fantastic scene partner,' Franzese says of Alvarez. 'We have a mutual respect for one another and want all of that stuff to look great to tell the story. We lose ourselves in the moment. ... Plus, he’s a darling of a person.' 

The actor says he gave producers a 'no limits policy' on sex scenes. 

'I was like, if I’m gonna be cute and I’m gonna be sexy, let’s do it. Whatever you need. I’m free and open to that stuff. With this show the sex scenes are important to tell the story. It’s one of the things that’s made the show so critically well-received and why they get the accolades, the sex is real and important and it still manages to be hot. 

'Sometimes the sounds you hear in a sex scene are hotter than the way they do it. I was down to do that. If I’m going to be in something that’s intimate, I trust their vision. If anything comes up, I’m ready.'

This comment is particularly interesting because, once again, it shows how hard it STILL is for some to come out in certain professions.

'People have always asked if I was really gay,' he wrote. 'While my reps usually lied to protect me. My friends and family all knew the truth but now it's time everyone does. Perhaps this will help someone else.'

I think it makes a big difference for other gay men who are in the closet. I'm not even in the closet and it makes a difference to me. The rest is here.  

Fangsters




No comments: