Thursday, November 13, 2014

Marcus Bachmann Defends Conversion Therapy; Zachary Quinto Slams Gays About AIDS; Nick Jonas On Gay Fan Base

Marcus Bachmann Defends Conversion Therapy

This is like the cat who swore he didn't eat the canary. Michele Bachmann's husband, the ultra butch straight guy Marcus Bachmann, whom I won't describe in too much detail because I would start laughing too hard, claims his version of conversion therapy is worthy of defense. 

'Once the far-left understood that we were actually creating a safe place, a place where people who said "I have this issue with same-sex attraction, this desire. I’m a believer, I’m a person of faith and it’s conflicting with my values systems,"' he insisted.

'Anyone who would walk alongside and then encourage that person’s values systems, and their beliefs, and bring that in alignment, that is like blasphemous to the other side,'  Bachmann continued. 'How dare you even consider being involved in someone who has decided or is desiring that to influence in any way shape or form another side in the book on this one?'

No comment. This is so twisted and goes so much deeper it's not worth talking about.


You can read the rest here.

Zachary Quinto Slams Gays About AIDS

Zachary Quinto thinks gays have become complacent and jaded with respect to AIDS and AIDS activism, especially younger gay men. He thinks they're forgetting about what it was like in the 80's and 90's before ARV meds, and that the rising number of HIV cases is alarming.

'AIDS has lost the edge of horror it possessed when it swept through the world in the ’80s,' says Quinto, 37. 'Today’s generation sees it more as something to live with and something to be much less fearful of. And that comes with a sense of, dare I say, laziness.'

He's absolutely correct about this. And I agree in some respects. However, he's almost too right to make his point. In other words, doctors are now telling people with HIV that it IS a disease people live with, a chronic disease. I have personally heard doctors say this to people I know with HIV. It's not hearsay. And younger men are NOT as fearful because they are being told this. So I think it's more a sense of resignation than it is laziness. And I'm tired of listening to people bash younger gay men all the time for this. You can't blame them for the decisions they make based on the information given to them.

You can read more here. They made Quinto man of the year over at Out Magazine. I guess because he's openly gay. I'm not exactly sure why, though.

Nick Jonas On Gay Fan Base

Nick Jonas knows how to work gay men to the limit. But he can't figure out why more male celebrities aren't embracing their gay fan base the same way he embraces (or works) his. In his quest to brand himself and to sell his album, he's not only embraced (or worked) his gay fan base but he's crossed the lines into gay-baiting in order to get the gay dollar, with endless partial nudity, ass-teasers, and self-exploitation that rivals anything Miley Cyrus has ever done. Only Jonas doesn't see it that way.

'I don’t know why more heterosexual male artists don’t embrace their gay fan base, because it’s so important. At least, I feel like it’s such an important part of my fan base, so I wanted to make an effort and it was incredible to be around my gay fans and celebrate,' he tells The Advocate.

He went to a gay club:

'It was my first time at a gay club, and it was amazing,' he says. 'For me it was really about embracing that part of my audience because I know it’s a big part of my audience. The reception from my gay fan base has been incredible.'

I follow many male celebrities with gay fan bases, like actor Trevor Donovan, and I see them interacting with their gay fan bases all the time. I have never once seen a male celebrity do anything but embrace gay fans as much as they embrace straight fans. Of course most don't cross the lines into gay-baiting quite like Jonas does. In the same respect, you can't blame a guy for taking advantage of a good thing either. He's tapped into something that works and he knows it. You can go to any gay bar left in the world and find a cute, clever straight boy working the gays for all they are worth...including me.


You can read the rest here.   



New Adult Love Story by Bella Stanberry

Published through Ryan Field Press


.99 Kindle E-book




No comments: