Sunday, November 16, 2014

Disney Gay Prince Hoax; Do Gays Want to Redefine? Gay Man Set Afire; Amanda Bynes's Anti-Gay Comments

Disney Gay Prince Hoax

It's reached a point where I never tweet, blog, or update about anything anymore if I even have the slightest doubt it's a hoax. And if I can't find it at snopes, I don't say anything at all. In this case I'm talking about the Internet hoax that went around all week about Disney making a gay film with two gay princes, based on the book, The Princes and the Treasure. It's not going to happen...at least not yet and with Disney.

The 'report', which has so far been shared 60,000 times on Facebook, claimed it would be adapted from Jeffrey A. Miles' children's book The Princes and the Treasure. 

While the book is real, the adaptation isn't. 

In the very modern fairy tale, two very dashing princes set off to rescue a princess… and unexpectedly fall in love with one another and get married. 

The author said he was inspired by the increase in same-sex marriage legislation around the world and a desire to write a fairy story that included a gay marriage.

The rest is here. Moral to this story? Don't be so quick to click share or retweet, especially if it sounds too good to be true.

Last year some Mormon woman slammed Disney's "Frozen" for normalizing the gay agenda and I'm still trying to figure that one out. I recently watched "Frozen" again (yes, I like Disney films) and I still can't find one single thing in the film that has anything remotely to do with normalizing the gay agenda. Go figure.


Do Gays Want to Redefine?

Here's an interesting article that touches on something I post about here all the time. The misconception many have about the LGBT community. In the article a conservative pundit I've never heard of, Ben Carson, claims that it's not about civil rights, but that gays want to redefine everything for everyone. He made these comments in an interview with Larry King.

‘Why isn’t same-sex marriage a civil rights issue?’ asks King. 

‘For me, it’s not a big issue,’ replied Carson. 

‘You know, I think people can do whatever they want to do. It’s just that they don’t get to redefine everything for anybody else. So I’m very much a libertarian in the sense of believing ‘‘live and let live’’, but that goes in both directions and some people don’t recognize that.’ 

I never thought about it that way. But if anything, I think the LGBT community is trying more to be like everyone else than redefine anything...or to have the same rights as everybody else. But Carson is a pundit and pundits always know how to put a spin on topics like this. What I'd like to know is when did the straight/religious community in the US get to define the way everything is supposed to be?

You can read the rest here.

Gay Man Set Afire

Update: This story just grew even sadder. The man who was beaten and set afire passed away. Here's the link for more. 

Here's a sad one, with a bitter twist of irony. A 46 year old gay man who had been taking a "break" from his longterm partner since summer, went out for one last fling because he was getting back with the longterm partner the next day, wound up beaten and set afire by a 26 year old in a hotel room.

The victim had most of both arms amputated after he was severely burned when the hotel room they were in caught fire. 

White's long-time partner, Alex Teal, told the media that he and White had been dating since 2009 and still lived together, but 'decided to take a break' this summer. 

'So that night was his last night of freedom,' Teal said as the pair has agreed to try again starting the next day. 

Police arrested his alleged attacker Garry Joseph Gupton, Greensboro Water Resources Department employee, at the hotel.

Two local clubs in Greensboro, NC are having fundraisers to help with the medical expenses. You can read the rest here.  I can't even imagine.

Amanda Bynes's Anti-Gay Comments

This sounds more like Bynes is dealing with emotional issues than anything else, and it's not a very fair article. A "friend" taped her ranting about her family and her gay friend.

With a "friend" like this, who needs enemies? In any event, TMZ, as usual when it comes to all storms of shit, was the first to pick up on this unfortunate invasion of privacy. I'm not sticking up for Bynes or promoting anti-gay comments. However, it is mentioned that Bynes was recently released from a psychiatric treatment center and I don't think it's fair to judge people who are dealing with a mental illness. It's as if these articles take pleasure in someone's health issues.

'Because all this has done is made me look ugly. Stop with the dad nonsense, like, your obviously, like, homo hun. It makes you not anything other than, like, be yourself. 

'Your face makes you look un-ugly, not your sexual preference. I'm just going to make fun of you but it will be really subtle like, I am slow, but, like, in my heart, like, I will shoot you in the face but with an ugly insult.'

I hope someone helps her get the help she needs. The rest is here. Why did I post about this? Because they make it sound as if someone made all these horrible anti-gay comments, they take it out of context, and they mislead readers with clickbait headlines. Once in a while I think the real story should be told, which in this case is that Bynes's privacy was violated, she has health issues, and this should never have been news in the first place.

The Sheriff and the Outlaw
by Ryan Field






‘Why isn’t same-sex marriage a civil rights issue?’ asks King.
‘For me, it’s not a big issue,’ replied Carson.
‘You know, I think people can do whatever they want to do. It’s just that they don’t get to redefine everything for anybody else. So I’m very much a libertarian in the sense of believing ‘‘live and let live’’, but that goes in both directions and some people don’t recognize that.’
- See more at: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/%E2%80%98gays-want-redefine-everything%E2%80%99-says-us-conservative-pundit151114#sthash.TUuqxul1.dpuf‘Why isn’t same-sex marriage a civil rights issue?’ asks King. ‘For me, it’s not a big issue,’ replied Carson. ‘You know, I think people can do whatever they want to do. It’s just that they don’t get to redefine everything for anybody else. So I’m very much a libertarian in the sense of believing ‘‘live and let live’’, but that goes in both directions and some people don’t recognize that.’ - See more at: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/%E2%80%98gays-want-redefine-everything%E2%80%99-says-us-conservative-pundit151114#sthash.DWckm1qw.dpuf

No comments: