Monday, September 22, 2014

Neil Patrick Harris: Lady and the Tramp; Neil Patrick Harris Wedding Tears; Mr. Gay Iceland Raped


Neil Patrick Harris Lady and the Tramp

If you like schmaltz, you'll love this one (I do...like schmaltz). Neil Patrick Harris and husband did a video parodying the spaghetti scene from Lady and the Tramp. I saw a tweet about this same scene the other day, totally unrelated to Harris, and I was amazed at how many people didn't even get it.

In any event...

But what is getting the most attention is the adorable reenactment Harris and Burtka do of the classic spaghetti eating scene from the animated Disney film Lady and the Tramp.
 
Harris is also promoting a book I probably won't get a chance to read. I usually wait for reviews to see what's in any celebrity bio or memoir. It's got to be a little edgy to keep my attention, and I've been burned too many times by celeb books that weren't, that I thought were a complete waste of time and money (big publishers). Tell me something I didn't know before, like Barbra Walters did in her book. I'll still be watching Harris' book.  
 
 
Neil Patrick Harris Wedding Tears
 
I didn't want to turn this entire post into a Neil Patrick Harris tribute, but this is also the kind of schmaltz I love...because it's true. Harris admits to getting very emotional during his wedding vows.
 
'It was so crazy,' he told Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg during an interview this week on The View.
'When you watch other people say their vows and they get all choked up you think, "Come on, pull it together." Then when you're standing there and it's you, you can't help but get super duper choked up.'

And that's exactly how it works. I didn't think I'd get emotional during our wedding, especially because we had a film crew shooting the entire thing. I thought I'd be a nervous wreck. In fact, I was sorry I'd agreed to do it. As it turned out, I was gone the moment we started reciting the vows. The film crew was wonderful and I forgot they were even there. The magnitude of it all just hits, especially when you been together for over twenty years, and something weird happens that's hard to explain.

You can read more here.

Mr. Gay Iceland Raped

These stories interest me because for so long male rape has been ignored and pushed under the proverbial rug. And the fact is that male rape is relevant and damaging, and the shame that goes along with it. In this next link Mr. Gay Iceland, Troy J√≥nsson,  talks about how he was raped as a child by his brother's friend.

You can read the entire story here. This is just a small excerpt of the detailed experience, quoted exactly as it was published.

He told me “just bend over, bend over” and I said “no, no” and he put his hand on my shoulder and bent me over and said “I promise it won’t hurt, just try it”. And he had inserted and I was like, “this really hurts, I can’t do with it” but he kept repeating “just go with it, just go with it”.’

The rape lasted less than five minutes.

‘He was in control, he was “just go with it, it’s not going to hurt, stop complaining”. But you could see how scared he was. He was very afraid he would be discovered.

It really does hurt, even when you're an adult and you're not sure what you're doing. It takes a while to figure out how to do it so you can enjoy it and it doesn't hurt, especially with highly aggressive men. I can't even imagine how horrible it would be to be forced into doing it that way. But I hope more men who've been assaulted this way...and have been assaulted by women because that happens, too...continue to speak up about it.

 
.99 Gay Romance
 
Jonah Sweet of Delancey Street
 
 
by Ryan Field
 
 
 
 


A real, honest Amazon review for Jonah Sweet of Delancey Street that wasn't paid for or gamed to build the Amazon Rating...






4.0 out of 5 stars JONAH SWEET OF DELANCEY STREET, January 23, 2013
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Jonah Sweet of Delancey Street (Kindle Edition)
Ryan Field, writes good stories. A story about someone who fails at everything, he has no light at the end of the tunnel. He lives with his parents, he has no hope in life. Read the book, you will love it.



 
 

No comments: