Thursday, April 3, 2014

Paula Deen Shutters; Gay Virgin Gets Off; Tom Daley Is Really Gay

Paula Deen Shutters

Talk about the midnight move. Paula Deen closed one of her restaurants, Uncle Bubba's, and allegedly didn't bother to tell the employees.

The only explanation was posted on the restaurant's Facebook page this morning -- "Thank you for 10 great years. Uncle Bubba's is now closed."

People were pissed off, including one woman who says,  "My mother worked there for over 8 years and no one called her!!! My fiance also worked there no one called him, in fact a UB manager called him LAST NIGHT to get his availability for next week!"

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/03/paula-deen-brother-restaurant-closed/#ixzz2xrtmWWHr

There's more to the article that basically backs up what I posted more than once about Deen and racism last summer. It was in the news so often there are multiple posts here. It's a shame, because I actually always liked the way she seemed to flip the bird to the politically correct food police with a great big smile.

Side note: I can't help watching her son's TV show, Not My Mamma's Meals. I don't know if it's rehearsed or Bobby Deen really is that way, but this is the extent of his vocabulary.

"Hey, man, good to see you, bud."

"Hey, dude, you're my main bro, man-bud."

"Hey buddy, hey, bro, it's guy's night, man. Just us dudes."

You see where I'm going with this. In what always seem to be an attempt to let the world know he's not gay he overcompensates to the point where he comes off looking odd. I know a lot of straight men who don't talk like that.

But maybe he really does speak that way.

Gay Virgin Gets Off

The gay virgin who was going to lose his virginity in an art show in the UK allegedly decided to get off the stage. Don't slam my pun title too hard. The article to which I'm linking says, "Gay teen who planned to lose virginity in art show pulls out." When I worked in print journalism for a while we often took bets on who could come up with the most original title to a piece. More often than not, they wound up in bad puns that weren't much better than this and some of us got into a little trouble.

But he didn't get off until the last minute and everyone still thought he was going to perform the loss of his gay virginity saga. Evidently, it was all a lame hoax for April Fool's Day. One reporter claimed it was weird.

Then, the reporter Zing Tzjeng describes being taken to the ‘penetration booth’ where she could see Pettet inside, in his pants, with two piles of bananas in front of him.

 ‘I am your anal virgin,’ he said. ‘You are my partner. Pick up a banana.’

Tzjeng said: ‘I immediately started to panic: penetrating a 19-year-old was not on my to-do list tonight, even if it’s with a piece of fruit. “Now penetrate with my mouth eight times”.’

Just trust me on this, you have to read more here.

He claims he's still a virgin and will always remain a virgin, bless his heart.

And I still say that makes no sense because you'll never be able to prove anyone's a gay virgin so it's a moot point. When I was single I can't even remember how many times I was a virgin.

Tom Daley Really Is Gay

When I posted about Tom Daley telling the world he was straight I really did believe him. It's not so much that I don't really care all that much as it is that I often feel sorry for straight guys who get all kinds of abuse from some gay people on social media. I follow Trevor Donovan and as far as I know he's straight, but there's always some obnoxious asshat gay guy who leaves a comment on one of his posts like this: "Make my face pregnant." I swear I'm not making this up. So I really do feel bad for a lot of these straight guys who get that kind of sexual harassment from gays who don't have any brains. And that's really what it is: harassment. I can say this and get away with it because I'm gay and I don't like being misrepresented by a segment of the gay community that is just plain uncouth. I'm defending other gay people when I point these things out, because most of us don't behave this way. But in most cases these straight guys can't even respond because they would look politically incorrect and they wind up taking it in their stride and ignoring it. But more important, it's just as offensive when one gay guy does this to another.

In any event, Daley is gay and he explains it all.

 ‘I am a gay man now,’ the diver said. ‘I came out on YouTube as I wanted to say what I wanted to say without anyone twisting it.

‘I told my family before I told the world. I was terrified.’

He added: ‘I did not know what the reaction was going to be. ‘I did it on YouTube because people were constantly digging and asking questions.

Other than the fact that Amazon reviews and sales rankings are gamed and fire is hot, I can't tell you much for certain...except for the fact that no gay man will ever tell you that coming out was easy to do. They will tell you that after they do it they feel as if all the weight has been lifted from their shoulders, and I hope Daley feels that way, too, now. I couldn't have been easy for him. I also think in this particular case he's going to inspire a lot of other young men like him.

You can read more here.














No comments: