Saturday, April 5, 2014

Ohio Gay Marriage; Gay TV Wedding; Danny Pinaturo Marries

Ohio Gay Marriage

A judge is now saying he plans to strike down the gay marriage ban in Ohio.

Judge Timothy Black made a statement giving notice that he will issue his ruling on 14 April - the advance notice is to give the state time to be ready with an appeal.

You can read more here. I hope we see more of this. It's absurd that Tony and I are legally married in some places yet not in our own state, Pennsylvania.

Gay TV Wedding

I think I have mentioned I was always a closet fan of soap operas. They always seemed to break ground in ways prime time TV didn't do. Recently, there was a gay wedding on Days of Our Lives.

When Sonny Kiriakis and Will Horton tied the knot on NBC's Days of Our Lives this week, they made daytime television history - and a statement about family. 

More here, with a nice photo.  I could be wrong, but I think some of the first gay story lines were on daytime TV....One Life to Live. A lot of this is reminiscent of m/m origin. (Readers will get that)

Danny Pinaturo Marries

Danny Pinaturo was a kid actor on Who's the Boss, and I think he came out years before it was the cool thing to do. He's 38 years old now and recently married boyfriend Wil Tabares.

'Everything went off without a hitch,' Pintauro tells Us Weekly. 'The wedding was terrific and everyone was so happy to be there. We had fun!'
He adds: 'We went into it with no stress or worries or cares, except to have a good time.'
He's a Stanford graduate, with a degree in English and Theater.

There's more here. 


Side note: this post was written on an iPad, so excuse any minor errors. I have big fingers :)



No comments: