Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Free Gay Books; Michele Bachmann Gays; Game of Thrones Kristian Nairn is Gay


Free Gay Books

I learned from owning my own retail businesses for many years the best way to approach a sale or promotion of any kind is to present the information as simply and clearly as possible, keep it at eye level, and keep it simple. Simple being the key word in almost all cases. So this is just a reminder that along with my new .99 release in the Second Chance series, The Sweetest Apple, two other books from that series...Second Chance Book 1 and His Only Choice...are both still up for free at allromanceebooks.com and will be until the end of this month.

You can check them out here.

And The Sweetest Apple here.

Game of thrones Kristian Nairn is Gay

I don't know about anyone else, but I find these constant announcements about people coming out both refreshing and interesting. Each time it happens I can't help but wonder who'll be next. This time it's Kristian Nairn.

"Well, in all honesty, when you talk about 'the gay community,' you are talking about MY community, haha," he said. "I AM aware of it yeah, and I think it’s really lovely. There’s not a day that I don’t get a few messages, but 99 percent or more are super sweet and nothing smutty at all! Again, it’s a privilege, and I really mean that."

"I’ve never hidden my sexuality from anyone, my whole life in fact, and I’ve been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview, 'cause it’s not something you just blurt out," he added. "I’ve tried to lead the questions a few times, to no avail!"

It's also mentioned Nairn has a big gay bear following within the gay community.

You can read more here.

Michele Bachmann Gays

This is one of those things I don't even want to elaborate on. Michele Bachmann thinks all gays are bullies, as if she knows everything there is to know about the gay community and how they think, feel, and behave. She talks about SB 1062, which was recently vetoed by the Governor of Arizona.

'There’s nothing about gays in there, but the gay community decided to make this their measure,' Bachmann said, according to Right Wing Watch.

 'And the thing that I think is getting a little tiresome is the gay community have so bullied the American people and they have so intimidated politicians that politicians fear them and they think they get to dictate the agenda everywhere. Well, not with the Constitution you don’t,' she continued.

The concept that all people in the gay community are the same and think the same way is getting tiresome to me.

Yes. There are gay bullies. I've been bullied by them myself and I'm gay. There are bullies everywhere and they come in a variety of sizes, genders, races, and religions, etc... Unfortunately, there will always be bullies.

What Bachmann is doing here is reinforcing more stereotypical negative images of gay people in order to put a spin on a horrendous bill like SB 1062 that affects everyone's equal rights, not just gays. And that in itself isn't fair, plus it shows how little Michele Bachmann knows about gay people. I'll be more than willing to disabuse her of any misconceptions if she's interested. She might even be surprised.

You can read more here.




No comments: