Sunday, January 26, 2014

Goldie Hawn Sorry to Gays; Lance Bass on Bachelor Star

Goldie Hawn Sorry to Gays

A photo tweeted by Goldie Hawn evidently started a minor firestorm because it was a pic of Hawn with anti-gay Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan. Hawn had no idea he was anti-gay, and she not only apologized but also admitted the photo should cause controversy.

Hawn, who deleted the tweet and apologized to a number of her Twitter followers, called Jonathan's anti-gay actions "very fear-based" and "full of hatred."

"It breaks my heart because I have my own personal feelings about this," Hawn said. "This is man's inhumanity to man of the first order."

It's an honest mistake anyone could have made. And, I've read a few of Goldie Hawn's books and loved each one. Her auto-bio was one of the most candid I've ever read, and she writes with an honest voice and you always feel that she's keeping it real.

You can read more here.

Lance Bass on Bachelor Star



A few weeks ago star of TV show, The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis, made a few comments about not having gays on The Bachelor that disgruntled many people. He thought having gays on the show would be too much, and used the word "pervert." Immediately following this, he made a huge apology to the world and explained that he often uses the wrong words when translating to English, he has gay friends, he supports gays, and he did not communicate his thoughts as well as he should have.

Lance Bass was asked about Galavis and he responded this way:

'I don't hate him at all,' Bass told the Associated Press this week. 'I still think he's cute.'

Personally, I couldn't care less what Juan Pablo Galavis looks like. But I don't hate him either. Although he has a great deal to learn about many things, I do think his apology was sincere. At least I hope it was. Many others make gay hate comments and they stand by them.

You can read more here. Photo is in the public domain.





No comments: