Wednesday, October 17, 2012

No Calorie Birthday Cake...

Tony celebrated another birthday this week and I decided to do something different this year. We both don't eat cake because it's so fattening. Tony will sometimes, but I haven't had a piece of cake in about four years. And every year for the past twenty years I've been buying a birthday cake and taking a spoonful, and then throwing it away three or four days later.

And I hate to waste food more than anything in the world. Besides, we both stopped making a big thing out of birthdays a while ago. So this was my alternative.

 
 

5 comments:

Shelagh said...

That's gorgeous! What a fantastic idea :)

ryan field said...

It's actually hard to get a good cake around here, too. We live an hour from NY and an hour from Philadelphia, but that's too far to go for a birthday cake.

I'm curious. Have you read The Casual Vacancy yet? The town of Pagford is wonderful!!

Shelagh said...

Maaybe you should have a go at baking your own cake :) You can't beat home made cake!

No, I haven't read it yet, although I'll probably give it a go at some point. Is Pagford a good small town, or one of those creepy ones?

Barb said...

Beautiful! Did you buy it or make it?

ryan field said...

@Shelagh...it's a real small town, with some creepy things and some not so creepy. But I would imagine it's very authentic. Typical of small town life everywhere.

@Barb. I actually ordered online from flowers.com and a local florist made it.