Sunday, September 9, 2012

Update: More Info For "Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey"

The marketing person for Bella Books sent me more info for the upcoming non-fiction book, Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey, that revolves around essays about the novel, Fifty Shades of Grey. I also received a final cover image.


The publication date is November 20, 2012.

The book will be released in print and digital format at the same time.

For more info, check out my previous post here, and here. And I'll be posting more in the coming weeks as things come up.

This might be an interesting book for the millions of people who bought Fifty Shades of Grey...whether you liked it or you didn't like it. My essay in the book focused on balance. I was one of those who did like it. But after I read more reviews and did more research for my own BDSM romance, Jonah Sweet of Delancey Street, I soon began to understand why others didn't like it. And I used facts, not just subjective analysis.

One key factor in the balance I talked about in my essay was that what happens during BDSM scenes isn't always what happens when the characters are not involved in BDSM sex scenes and they are interacting in non-sex scenes. In other words, just because a character is submissive during sex does not mean that character is submissive in all other areas of his or her life. In my own book I wanted to create that balance. I also wanted to understand why some reviewers despised FSoG so much. At first, to my own chagrin, I thought they were being snarky. But I finally did get it.

No comments: