Sunday, June 3, 2012

"Fifty Shades of Grey" Reviews...E.L. James

I hate to keep posting about FSoG, but love it or hate it, it's fascinating to watch how popular it has become. I've done a lot of posts and I liked it, but I'm not going to link right now. This post is more about books in general.

I saw an article about FSoG just a few minutes ago that wasn't extremely significant, but I was curious about the kinds or reviews it's been getting on Amazon since I went there last. At the time, in early March, there were something like 250 reviews. Most of them were positive and the one star reviews were scathing. Also at the time, most people liked it. Those who hated it didn't hold back.

Since that time, there are now over 5,000 reviews. About 2,300 are five star and about 1,500 are one star. So there are still more people that love/like FSoG than hate it.

The most interesting thing is to see the dynamics, in the sense that readers either seem to love it or hate it. And that alone, to me, is the sign of a book that resonates with people. It's important to get a strong reaction, one way or the other. And to be able to take it when it comes. I think E.L. James has earned her, so they say, big girl pants.

No comments: