Thursday, June 14, 2012

"50 Shades of Louisa May"


This is truly too entertaining not to share:

As listed in Publisher's Marketplace:

Louisa May Anonymous's 50 SHADES OF LOUISA MAY, imagining the secret sex life of an iconic 19th-century American novelist and the Transcendentalists (Thoreau, Hawthorne, Melville) after whom she lusted, to John Oakes at OR Books, by Dan Conaway at Writers House (NA).


Information shared from this wonderful blog, "It's All in the Details."

What on earth did E.L.James do to publishing? It's like everyone has gone BERserk and lost his/her mind.

Unfortunately, the book might sell many copies. But then again it also might just be a desperate attempt to copy something that worked well without considering the fact that lightening rarely strikes twice...pardon the bad cliche. When you really think about it, it's kind of hard to imagine the women who are reading FSoG right now talking about Louisa May's sex life. I'm not sure I see that happening.

4 comments:

Kathy H said...

I saw this title and fell off my chair. My god what willthey write about next? I wanted to open a vein a few years ago, when the Jane Austen fan fic came out.

Poor Louisa May they should leave her sex live in the past. May she rest in peace.

ryan field said...

I just never thought of her in an erotic way. I might be way off base but I like to keep some things non erotic sometimes...I'm curious to see if it sells.

T.D. McFrost said...

Ripoffs galore!

I don't respect folks who do things based on trends, especially people in entertainment and the arts. I know this sort of thing keeps the industry going...blah blah blah...but it is simply an irk of mine I CANNOT forfeit.

Spend seven years designing and planning a novel then we'll talk.

ryan field said...

It's the way things work, unfortunately. But the ones who follow the trend rarely ever do as well, nor do they last very long.