Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Irony

I know that divorce happens all the time. Unfortunately, it seems to be growing more popular. I've seen it with family members and it's probably almost as traumatic as death. For children, it's devastating. It's never easy, and it happens to both gay and straight couples.

But this photo below is kind of interesting when you think about it. I would never blast anyone for being divorced. I would never question someone's motives or morals for getting divorced. And yet a man who has been married and divorced more than once is blasting me and questioning me for wanting to legally marry my partner of twenty years. He's blasting the President who has been married once and has never been divorced. You have to admit there's a certain irony in this that's hard to figure out.


No comments: