Saturday, April 28, 2012

Free Apps to Read Kindle E-Books on Any Device



Understanding how to read e-books can be frustrating at best in the beginning. I know it was for me. So when I see things like this I pass them on hoping they might help someone. The biggest misconception I see all the time is that people think they need an e-reader or e-reading device to read e-books. All you need is a computer.

Last week a friend who also has an indie pubbed novel on Amazon through the KDP program posted a link on facebook and twitter about free apps for all e-reading devices. In other words, you don't need a Kindle to buy a Kindle book. In fact, you don't even need an e-reader. You can read e-books right on your laptop or computer. It comes in handy with cookbooks in the kitchen. No need for print cookbooks anymore. You just follow the recipes from your laptop or iPad. I don't cook often, and it's helps me a lot when I do.

Here's part of the information below, taken directly from Amazon. And here's a link to read more and get the apps. Here's one just for your PC. I've done this myself. I have the Kindle app for my iPhone, my iPad, my NextBook tablet, my PCs and both my Kobo e-readers. It's not just kindle who is doing this either. You can download the Kobo apps to anything as well. I've started to enjoy my Kobo library even more on my iPhone lately.

Buy Once, Read Everywhere: You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices. The Kindle app is available for every major smartphone, tablet, and computer. That means with our free Kindle Reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed. And of course, you can also read that same Kindle book on a Kindle, Kindle Touch, or Kindle Fire if you own one.

4 comments:

Jon Michaelsen said...

Color me crazy, Ryan - but I have multiple reading apps for my IPAD, iPhone and PC; I use the Kindle app for my IPAD and iPhone - but when there are better deals on indie websites directly (or ebooks not available yet on Amazon Kindle; I'll purchase the epub or .pdf version and read via my iPhone witha cool epub app called Blue Bluefire Reader (I think it was a free app); for .pdfs I'll read them via my PC or on my IPAD/iPhone app ezPDF Reader (it's a free app). So, basically, where ever I go, I'm able to read my ebooks; Since 2010 when I got my first Sony eReader - I've increased my reading 5Xover because I read when waiting in line, at a doctors/dentist appt, etc!

T.D. McFrost said...

Sweet! I like it!

ryan field said...

Jon-I think more and more people are doing what you are doing.

TD- very. I never thought I would enjoy reading on a phone.

Anonymous said...

Submit articles to the Article Dashboard directory, search and find free website
and ezine content, and open an author submission management account.


Top 50 Article Directories By Traffic, Pagerank ... SirLook Article Directory - Submit your articles, receive free traffic and one way backlinks.
My webpage > Articles Directory