Friday, April 6, 2012

Dammit! by Michele L. Montgomery


I've been waiting to write this post for a while. It's about Michele L. Montgomery, an author I admire.

She has a new book out and that's really all you need to know. Though I haven't read this book yet, I will. I have read other books by Michele and I've rated them on goodreads and loved them.

When I say I admire Michele, this covers a lot of ground. Most of all it's her work I love. And then there are the little things. When I run into her on social media, she's always doing something nice and it's always positive. I always get the feeling the Michele I see online is the same Michele I'd meet in person if I ever get out to Denver. This, I might add, comes through in her work, too.

If you like reading gay fiction, please take the time to check out her work, especially the new release.

Here's a link to Amazon. A link to another post about her. And below is the blurb to "Dammit."

Escaping the past isn’t easy, especially when the scars left behind are a constant reminder that trust and love can hurt.

Michael McKnight knows what it means to be on the run from memories. Years ago, after fleeing an abusive relationship, he was brutally stabbed and left for dead. His only savior had been a compassionate stranger he’d only gotten a glimpse of before slipping into the blackness that claimed him.

For Michael, recovery was an arduous and hard fought return to some semblance of normalcy. He rebuilds his life, spending his waking hours buried in work and fighting to forget the past. And his life seems to be going well until he finds out that his cousin Wayne is being held captive in a mental asylum for being gay. So he buys a plane ticket and flies out to rescue his cousin.

But the weather is against Michael, keeping him grounded and talking to a man who claims that he’d once saved his life and is willing to help him rescue his cousin. Can this man be for real or is something more sinister in the works?

2 comments:

prplmom said...

I met Michele and she is as wonderful and funny in person as she is online - except in person you get to see the eye rolls that you can only imagine online :)
Dammit is an excellent read - if you like her work you'll love this one!

ryan field said...

I just got a copy and will read it over this weekend. I'm looking forward to it.