Friday, February 24, 2012

List of New Releases Coming Out This Spring and a Few Changes

"The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime!"

I've had a few e-mails asking me about why my ravenous romance titles have slowed down. First, I love ravenous romance, I love the books I've published with them, and I'll always be there to support and promote them. The main reason you're seeing fewer titles is because I've been working on books with my pen names. The second reason is I've been working on more titles for loveyoudivine.com. The third reason is I can't split myself in three different ways. So even though I won't have as many releases at ravenous romance this spring, I have been working even harder to get other new releases out.

I wish I could disclose the pen names. But that would be counterproductive to having a pen name, or names. Pen names for me are more experimental. Frankly, I don't like using them. I always feel more comfortable with my own name, Ryan Field, which I can stand behind. But I do use pen names to see how I'll do in other genres.

One ravenous romance release I'm looking forward to is "The Virgin Billionaire's Little Angel." This title is still tentative and is subject to change. But this is the last book in the Virgin Billionaire series and I had trouble saying good-bye to Luis and Jase.

This will be the final series for a while. I never wanted to do one, in spite of this I had a blast doing it, and I don't want to push my luck right now. The entire Virgin Billionaire series surprised me more than anything I've done before. It's hard to repeat something you loved doing so much and has been so well received by readers.

On March second, I have "Unmentionable: The Men Who Loved on the Titanic," being released with Loveyoudivine.com. This is a very long short story...or a short novella. I've always been fascinated by this time period in history, and with the Titanic. A psychic once told me I was on the Titanic in a past life. I'm not sure I believe in this :) But it's food for thought.




After these two releases, I have an 8,000 word story being released by loveyoudivine.com titled, "Cowboy Howdy." I've wanted to do another western themed m/m romance for a while and haven't had time. I made time and did it. I'll post more soon.

Right now I'm working on two things at the same time. One is a short story I posted about earlier this week called "Shmacked." The other is a full length novel that's m/m romance tentatively titled, "Chase of a Lifetime." It's about a younger guy who falls in love with his best friend's father. The father has been living a lie all his life; the younger guy has been in the closet and he's a virgin. I'm enjoying the emotions with this book more than any books I've written before. I'll post more details down the line.

And, this is a big one for me. I'm looking into indie publishing with Amazon. I'm not saying I'm doing it. But I'm looking into it, with my partner, to see if it's something I want to do. Though Tony, my parnter, worked corporate sales for fifteen years until he left to start his own business/firm two years ago, he's a tech genius and he would be doing all the tech work if I decided to do an Amazon digital release. Nothing is definite there yet. It's a huge decision because I'll be taking on a lot more work. But if I do decide to do this, I'll post it here first.

Let's just say I'm taking Joe Konrath's advice in this sense: as a career writer I'm thinking about where I'll be five years from now, not five months from now.

No comments: