Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cover: The Virgin Billionaire's Little Angel..."Think Wild"



Here's the newest cover for the last book in the Virgin Billionaire series, THE VIRGIN BILLIONAIRE'S LITTLE ANGEL.

The reason why I added "Think Wild" to the title of this post is because that's a slogan for an ad campaign in the book that has an interesting twist. In fact, this slogan, "Think Wild," changes Luis's life in more ways than one. And I know, "Think Wild," is not grammatically correct. But this time I was going for a catchy ad and I was thinking the way an ad writer would think, not like an author would think. "Think Wildly" doesn't work, and frankly, it's not very catchy.

There's also a bareback sex scene. It's been done responsibly and the characters all have actual test results and papers to prove they are all, indeed, without sexually transmitted diseases. It wasn't easy to work this into the book in a natural way that made sense. But I wanted to do it for a few reasons. First, gay men enjoy this. Second, if they can't enjoy it in real life they can enjoy the fantasy of it in books. Third, I think it's relevant to the story and the characters involved. For me, the balance in m/m romance comes when a certain amount of reality is mixed with the absolute escapism. Because if it's just absolute escapism it's not going to be very interesting.

To balance out the bareback sex scenes, I also added something which I think is integral to the book. There are a few chapters that get heavily involved in HIV/AIDS, and just how serious it is when someone goes into full blown AIDS. I can't say any more because I'd spoil it for readers. But I didn't hold back this time, and most of what I wrote was loosely based on things I've personally witnessed since I was in my early twenties. In a way, I almost didn't want to do this with m/m romance. I wasn't sure I wanted to share these stories in a m/m romance. But I think the readers will "get" it, and I'm glad I decided to do it.

But this book isn't just about wild adventures and bareback sex. Because it was the final book in the series I wanted to tie things up in a way that I've been hinting at throughout the entire series. No spoilers. But here's a hint. It's something that Luis has been dreaming about all his life. It's probably the most emotional thing he'll ever experience and has nothing to do with sex.

The book will be released tomorrow, and I'll post more then with links that will lead to where the book can be purchased. I'd like to thank the cover artist at ravenous romance for coming up with something so simple and elegant this time. One thing I'm not fond of are those old time looking book covers. I like book covers to depict the time period in which we live now, not time periods from the past that look as if the artist was trying too hard to be "artistic and creative," or worse, "deep and literary."

No comments: